Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

I phone 6 set up

• 07-10-2014 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭

This may sound stupid but I'd there anywhere that I could bring my old I phone and get all the photos and messages and apps off it and get them on the new phone. I'm trying to do it through I cloud but it's a nightmare. I seem to have two phones on the go with what's app working on one and not the other and I can't seem to get anything more from the cloud . Is there anywhere anyone that will do it for me ? ?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

You need to back up on the old one and restore from that back up on the new one. It has been seem less for me since the cloud started on iOS from the 5 to the 6 and previous.

Make sure everything is selected for the back up and also make sure you have enough storage to hold the back up on iCloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭GusGus

Ok . It's backing up . Says its 18 hours or something . Some stuff like pics are on new phone but how does it restore . Does it do this automatically ?

GusGus wrote: »
    Ok . It's backing up . Says its 18 hours or something . Some stuff like pics are on new phone but how does it restore . Does it do this automatically ?

Nope. You have to do the back up on the 5 first. When that is fully finished reset the 6 and it will ask you then if you want to set up as a new phone or restore from a back up. You then select the 5 back up. But then delete the 5. You don't want the 5 still connected to your iCloud and throwing off the settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Similar question, so no point starting a new thread.
    I currently have the iphone 4s and the wireless went on in a while back, so obv I don't have photo's syncing to icloud. However I can still able to back up to my computer. Can I use this back up in anyway to get the info onto a new iphone?

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Similar question, so no point starting a new thread.
    I currently have the iphone 4s and the wireless went on in a while back, so obv I don't have photo's syncing to icloud. However I can still able to back up to my computer. Can I use this back up in anyway to get the info onto a new iphone?

Yes. Turn off icloud back up and sync everything to the PC. Then plug the new phone into the pc and click restore. It will then ask you to select a backup.

• Advertisement
Advertisement