Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

camcorder sd card, lost data

Options
  • 07-10-2014 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

I have an sd card from my camcorder, on which I have many videos of my little daughter.

When I put the sd card into my computer it would not recognise the card.

a different computer did recognise the card so I managed to transfer the data onto a disc.

I coulod load a few of the videos from the disc but most of the videos were not reabable when i click on them.

I get the message that I have attached here.

Any ideas if there is anyhting I can do to retrieve these videos as they are priceless to me?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭monkey8

Thanks sugarman.

Just downloaded vlc player there.

When I click on the video and clicked on "play with" vlc nothing happens.

It is saved as an MOI file. (attached screenshot) Does that make any difference

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Did you get any software with the camcorder to convert the files into something more portable?

Also, and this goes without saying, don't keep data on memory cards longer than you have to. Move them to a more permanent storage location and back them up appropriately.

Advertisement