Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get another dedicated EFibre Internet line into my home

Options
  • 07-10-2014 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi, I am an existing home phone and Efiber Internet customer but I can't get an Internet signal in certain parts of my home. I've tried using a TP Link but it constantly drops the signal so isn't reliable.

My question is, can I get another Internet line installed and if so how long would I have to wait and how much would installation cost?

Also, what monthly rate would a new package with 2 Efiber lines and 1 home phone line cost?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Jose1

On the right hand panel >>>>>>>>>>>> over there>>>>>
    It says 91% Response Rate.

I must be part of the 9% who get ignored!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Jose1 wrote: »
    On the right hand panel >>>>>>>>>>>> over there>>>>>
    It says 91% Response Rate.

I must be part of the 9% who get ignored!
    Apologies Jose1

I missed your post, I'll request clarification from efibre operations and get back to you as soon as I have more information.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

Hi,

Tried two different lots but without success.

For some reason the line keeps dropping, maybe the fault is with the line, maybe not!

Hi,

For some reason the line keeps dropping, maybe the fault is with the line, maybe not!

Edit: Haven't actually tried the one you suggested but doubt it will be effective, but I could be wrong. My problem is, the router is positioned in my house but I have built a self contained granny flat next door adjoining both properties and the existing outer wall is causing the break down of wireless signal, it's just too thick to pass through.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Jose1 wrote: »
    Hi,

Edit: Haven't actually tried the one you suggested but doubt it will be effective, but I could be wrong. My problem is, the router is positioned in my house but I have built a self contained granny flat next door adjoining both properties and the existing outer wall is causing the break down of wireless signal, it's just too thick to pass through.
    Hi Jose1

I'm still waiting for further clarification however I'm wondering if you have tried power-line extender kits? they work through the power sockets and I'm guessing that it might be a solution to the thick wall issue? More info here:  http://www.eircom.net/accessories/homeplugs/homeplugs/plug2/

Al

Hi Al,

Yes, these are the one's I referred to in my earlier post. I have tried three different lots of these. They seem to work ok for a while but tend to drop signal for some reason?

Thanks.

Hi  Al,

Been waiting only a month for your reply thus far, any news?

BTW, the box on the right says 'Response Time is 13hrs'!!!! lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Homeplugs wont work across two RCDs(fuseboxes), thus you're having problems. The homeplug connection will be very poor.

You should just run cat5e/cat6 cable out to the granny flat. Job done. No need for two lines(Which will cost 2x as much). 

Yes, there are two fuse boxes and your explanation as to why the home plugs don't work so well is spot on.

Both properties already have independent internet sockets but the signal from either is interrupted by a thick dividing gable end wall. Does your suggestion differ from what is already in place?

Thank you for your reply.

• Advertisement
Advertisement