Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online shopping

Options
  • 07-10-2014 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

hi so today i lodged money into my account that has gone through and when i log onto my online account it works fine and shows whats in my account i also activated my pin for online banking now the problem is despite everything is set up i cannot buy anything online it is not working i tried ordering something today and the payment did not go through severel times it says contact your provider 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Aspire One

Thanks for posting your query.

We're sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties with your account.

Did you lodge cash or perhaps a cheque to your account? Cash should be available straight away. A cheque can take time to clear on your account, although it will show in your balance online. 

In case it was a cheque you lodged, domestic cheques can take several banking days to clear on your account. If you lodged a Bank of Ireland cheque to your account, it takes 3 banking days to clear and a non-Bank of Ireland cheque takes 5 banking days to clear.

Another possibility, if you have a new bank card, this needs to be activated with the 4 digit PIN prior to making purchases online. There are 2 options available to activate your card. You can make a cash withdrawal at any ATM or if you do not wish to withdraw cash, you can bring your card to a Bank of Ireland ATM and request the balance.

We hope some of the information above may help. If the answer is not above, it may be best to call Bank of Ireland 365, a colleague will be happy to check account for you.

Our colleagues are available Monday-Friday 8am-12 midnight
                                                  Weekends & Bank Holidays 9am-6pm

Their contact numbers- 0818 365 365 / 00353 140 44000

If we can help further here, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement