Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

16GB or 64GB iPhone 6?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 eddieb88

pedatron wrote: »
    64gb iPhones cannot be got as far as I can see. anyone come across them recently?

ordered a silver on meteor last Thursday, was watching the website like a hawk all week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

eddieb88 wrote: »
    ordered a silver on meteor last Thursday, was watching the website like a hawk all week

I got an e-mail on Thursday from Meteor they were back in stock and ordered a 64gb straight away and I was amazed it was delivered on Friday.

I see now they are out of stock again but people should register to be notified when back in stock.

murpho999 wrote: »
    I got an e-mail on Thursday from Meteor they were back in stock and ordered a 64gb straight away and I was amazed it was delivered on Friday.

I see now they are out of stock again but people should register to be notified when back in stock.

Wow that was quick hoping to get mine Monday so

Wow that was quick hoping to get mine Monday so

Yes, I think because straight away, around 11 and it was obviously processed quickly.

A friend ordered the same phone at 5 and hasn't got it yet so I got lucky. Great service though.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

i heard o2 had a disagreement with apple and apple are deliberately holding back stock from them.

i also heard that it is typical Apple policy to limit supply in the first few weeks to increase demand - therefore stocks should begin to increase over the next couple of weeks.

source for above is random sales agents from o2, carphonewarehouse

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

flyguy wrote: »
    I don't think that's true. A base model 16Gb iPhone 5 was from €49, the next model up +€100. So a 32GB 5 was from €149, if you paid €249 you weren't on the highest plan (I know 'cause I had exactly this; 32GB 5 and €75/month plan, launch week of iPhone 5, paid €149)
    So the 16gb price is unchanged and for the price of 32 you now get 64 (and 128 for price of 64).
    The drop of the 32GB model did create a strange pricing for the 64GB model, check vodafone yourself and you'll see an iPhone 5s 64GB will cost you more than a 64GB iPhone 6 (was €100 more, now €50 I think)
    Obviously because the 64 iPhone 5s was €200 more than base 16 model 5s and the 64 6 is "only" €100 more than base 16 model 6, still...
    Actually, I think you're right.

I'm paying a bit extra per month this time round for 4G and more data. My old tariff would only get me a 16GB... I just checked. Sly bastards Apple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭nailforhammer

Ugh! Still waiting on the 64 GB iPhones to come back in stock. I've tried several shops they all have plenty o 16GB phones but no other storage options

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Lucas Castroman

Ugh! Still waiting on the 64 GB iPhones to come back in stock. I've tried several shops they all have plenty o 16GB phones but no other storage options

Where are these shops with 16 GB stock? They seem to be all sold out in Dublin.

Malahide had 4 x 16gb space grey

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

Got sick of waiting and got a 16gb. The iPod shall be resurrected for another year! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭paddyh117

I've been waiting for a 64gb Iphone 6 since launch - never any stock in Grafton street (Vodafone and Carphone) they did suggest today though to get the 16gb and pay the 3.99pm for the 200gb i cloud storage - I'm reluctant to do this even though it makes sense!..........any thought's on this??

Grafton street Vodafone and Carphone warehouse both have 16gb in stock today

paddyh117 wrote: »
    I've been waiting for a 64gb Iphone 6 since launch - never any stock in Grafton street (Vodafone and Carphone) they did suggest today though to get the 16gb and pay the 3.99pm for the 200gb i cloud storage - I'm reluctant to do this even though it makes sense!..........any thought's on this??

im not sure about this cloud craic, ive terrible upload speeds

Three also have 16 gb stock. Try their website. I am now contemplating ordering off Apple UK it's almost €30 cheaper than Apple IE and I'll have a 64 GB within 10 working days. Shorter than three which says the 64GB could still be 2-3 weeks away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Three also have 16 gb stock. Try their website. I am now contemplating ordering off Apple UK it's almost €30 cheaper than Apple IE and I'll have a 64 GB within 10 working days. Shorter than three which says the 64GB could still be 2-3 weeks away.

You do realise that dispatch in 7-10 working days is the time they estimate it takes to ship the phone from China not have it delivered.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Yes, I think because straight away, around 11 and it was obviously processed quickly.

A friend ordered the same phone at 5 and hasn't got it yet so I got lucky. Great service though.

Can I ask did your friend get thers yet I'm still waiting

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Do not do this!

Yes, it's probably torture waiting but you will regret it if you don't. iCloud is not a substitute for memory. You can't put apps on it, for one thing.

Hold off for the 64GB or spend nearly two years in regret!

Dades wrote: »
    Do not do this!

Yes, it's probably torture waiting but you will regret it if you don't. iCloud is not a substitute for memory. You can't put apps on it, for one thing.

Ahh Vindication at last! :) i kinda already had that exact thought process, just needed someone to agree!

Will keep waiting - they may have stock tomorrow! (but probably won't!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Dades wrote: »
    Do not do this!

This. Someone please frame this post.

Had a Three employee try to convince me I didn't need 64gb because the cloud handles everything these says. Total bull. iCloud is great for holding multiple backups of stuff etc but I want my photos, apps, heavy games and music available with me on the go. For an extra €100 to quadruple the storage = no brainer.

FourFourFM wrote: »
    This. Someone please frame this post.

Had a Three employee try to convince me I didn't need 64gb because the cloud handles everything these says. Total bull. iCloud is great for holding multiple backups of stuff etc but I want my photos, apps, heavy games and music available with me on the go. For an extra €100 to quadruple the storage = no brainer.

Why would you need all your photos and music with you all the time though?

Music match covers my music, and photos are not needed all the time.

Agree about apps and games etc.

• Advertisement

For anyone still looking - the 64GB is available to order online on Vodafone shop

Also, Carphone warehouse said they're expecting "lots" of them on Tuesday next

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

For anyone still looking - the 64GB is available to order online on Vodafone shop

Yeah, went through the upgrade process and there seems to be 64gb space grey ones available on Voda.
    I'm waiting for either one of the other two colours so no luck for me....

Three told me they're expecting 64GBs in later next week

Can I ask did your friend get thers yet I'm still waiting

Sorry , only saw your post today.

No he didn't get it. He got a message that they were out of stock so he cancelled. Strange that they took his order.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭glack

Three told me they're expecting 64GBs in later next week
    Hope this is true. My iPhone 4S has taken to turning itself off. Need a new phone soon and I'm holding out for the iPhone 6 64GB in silver. Have my name down in my local shop since before launch so fingers crossed!!! Must call in again tomorrow to make sure they haven't forgotten about me.

Still can't get a Space Grey 64GB iPhone ugh... In a local phone shop I was offered a 16GB iPhone 6 for €599 as someone returned it because they wanted the 6 Plus instead. I'm tempted to take it because that's €100 cheaper than it would be on Apple's website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

They have some in Belfast if you're happy to take a trip up. We're not that bad up here.

Got sick of waiting for the 64gb space grey on O2 so just bite the bullet and bought a 128gb !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

How much should the iPhone 6 cost (as an upgrade)? I thought the 64GB iPhone 6 was 149.99, but I tried the Carphone Warehouse and for me they quoted €320. As much as I hate my iPhone 4 that seems fairly steep for an upgrade price (and I don't even want 64GB, 32GB would be fine for me, but 16GB isn't enough).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Price of upgrade depends entirely on what provider you're with & what plan you're on.
    With Vodafone a 16gb iPhone 6 would cost between €49 and €249 depending on your plan (add €100 for the plus and another €100 per mem upgrade).
    So there not one price for an upgrade. Also there's no 32gb model, that's not a bad thing as instead of getting 32gb you now get 64gb for your extra €100 (although the base model should have been 32gb)

Advertisement