Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spiders eating other spiders?! False widow?

• 07-10-2014 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Ok today I have killed a confirmed false widow, it had the distinct markings on it's back so I know for sure it was one. Anyway that's gone so dealt with. My issue is another spider I found out the back door, basically it's eating a large spider which presumably it killed, is this weird? I didn't realise spiders ate other spiders especially bigger ones than themselves, I can't get a good look at the one eating it as it keeps hiding from me, I have a pic but all you can see is its awful black leg and a bit of its body behind the dead large spider. Do you think it could be another false widow? Do they eat other spiders?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

It's common. spiders are predators and will eat anythin, even each other.
    female spiders will eat males after mating.
    I've just seen one of those spindly spiders that are in the corners eat a Hunter spider.

Advertisement