Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**DARE scheme question, NEED HELP ASAP**

Options
  • 08-10-2014 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I'm wondering if the dare scheme would apply to my situation. I'm a anxiety/depression sufferer. I repeated the leaving cert, and have taken a year out this year. My conditions caused me to miss almost a whole year in fourth year (2011). My problem definitely impacted me and was a cause for repeating.Whilst repeating it was a huge issue also, but at no stage did i avail of medical support or support in school for these conditions post fourth year I.e as far as the school was aware i was a perfectly healthy student, this means I would have no evidence really from the school to show for the DARE scheme except for 2011, is applying plausible, thanks for answers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭sdowling04

brick 1 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm wondering if the dare scheme would apply to my situation. I'm a anxiety/depression sufferer. I repeated the leaving cert, and have taken a year out this year. My conditions caused me to miss almost a whole year in fourth year (2011). My problem definitely impacted me and was a cause for repeating.Whilst repeating it was a huge issue also, but at no stage did i avail of medical support or support in school for these conditions post fourth year I.e as far as the school was aware i was a perfectly healthy student, this means I would have no evidence really from the school to show for the DARE scheme except for 2011, is applying plausible, thanks for answers :)
    Id say as your best bet it you would be better off to contact one of the DARE team members for the college you wish to apply for at http://www.accesscollege.ie/dare/contact.php

I have used the DARE scheme when I applied for colleges and got accepted because of my dyslexia and I know the psychiatrist report have to be less than three years old. You should ask the member do you need evidence to prove you suffered from these symptoms during your education as anxiety & depression can be slightly different from my case as they can come as spells as oppose to dyslexia affecting you throughout your education. Hopefully you find the right info there as that is what I did in my case and you it does sound like you are a suitable candidate for the scheme so best of luck.

Advertisement