Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of address !!

Options
  • 08-10-2014 8:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

My mother is 80yrs old , widowed and Bank of I customer all her life.  She recently moved into a care home facility (sheltered housing) and in September, I filled in the change of details form with her as she has difficulty writing. She lives alone and all her kids live along distance away. Her address has not been changed in most of her accounts/cards. These are all in her own name but she received a letter from B of I stating that one account could not be changed because another _ totally unknown to her _ person is also named on the account! Its ridiculous.  She has phoned herself, from her mobile phone and one or two of the accounts have been changed but her mastercard is due to be renewed in Nov and she is worried that it will be sent to her old address.  This is causing her great stress.  AIB changed her accounts with no problem.  If she has to reply to letters she has to get someone to buy her a stamp and write for her so it is a real problem.  I can't understand why someone from Customer Service cannot just phone her to sort out any problems and speak to her directly just to confirm for her that all are changed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi xraylady

Thanks for bringing this query to our attention here on Boards.ie 

So sorry to hear of the difficulties your mother has experienced with the amendments on her account. We would really like to offer our help here. 

Could you please send us a private message with your mothers' full name, contact number and the name of her branch accounts are held with? We will arrange for a Customer Advisor within your mothers' branch to fully investigate and also make contact with your mother ensuring this is resolved to her satisfaction. 

It's not necessary to include your mothers' account details in your PM.

(To send us a PM, please ensure you have your signatures set to display in your control panel settings. You can then click on the link in my signature to send your PM)

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭xraylady

Hi xraylady

Thanks for bringing this query to our attention here on Boards.ie 

So sorry to hear of the difficulties your mother has experienced with the amendments on her account. We would really like to offer our help here. 

Could you please send us a private message with your mothers' full name, contact number and the name of her branch accounts are held with? We will arrange for a Customer Advisor within your mothers' branch to fully investigate and also make contact with your mother ensuring this is resolved to her satisfaction. 

It's not necessary to include your mothers' account details in your PM.

(To send us a PM, please ensure you have your signatures set to display in your control panel settings. You can then click on the link in my signature to send your PM)

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks
    Alison
    Thanks Alison,  when I try to PM you I get message that "Alison won't accept message from you" Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth 

Sorry about this. Have you first checked to see if you have your signatures set to display in your control panel settings? Then you can click on the link in my signature to send private message. 

If this does not help, please let me know and I will send you a PM and you can reply to me this way.

Thanks
    Alison

Sorry Alison, Can't manage it I'm afraid.  Kindly PM me and I will respond.
    Elizabeth
    Cancel that, I've managed it. Please let me know if not received..

Hi Elizabeth

We got the details, thanks. We're arranging a call back asap, sent a quick reply there by PM.

Thanks for the information.

Alison

• Advertisement

Hi Elizabeth

We got the details, thanks. We're arranging a call back asap, sent a quick reply there by PM.

Thanks for the information.

Alison
    Thanks Alison,  All sorted.  Thank you for your help.
    Elizabeth

That's great to hear Elizabeth, really appreciate the update. 

Glad we could help.

Alison

Advertisement