Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CUH WiFi Password?

Options
  • 08-10-2014 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,713 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I'm visiting a close relative in the CUH later whose going for an op tomorrow and need to phone someone abroad via Viber. Is the CUH WiFi also for the public? If so, does anyone know the password?

Thanks.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

I work in CUH and as far as I know, there is no open public wifi which is a bit of a joke. CUH is like a mini city within itself with hundreds of staff, visitors and patients coming and going everyday.

I think there might be a CUH Guest wifi connection that is locked, but if you go to a reception area, they might have a password, I'm not sure. I use my data plan anyway so never really needed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,713 ✭✭✭Worztron

blow69 wrote: »
    I work in CUH and as far as I know, there is no open public wifi which is a bit of a joke. CUH is like a mini city within itself with hundreds of staff, visitors and patients coming and going everyday.

I think there might be a CUH Guest wifi connection that is locked, but if you go to a reception area, they might have a password, I'm not sure. I use my data plan anyway so never really needed it.

I was there today and saw a whole load of locked CUH WiFi networks. One was using WEP (very weak) for some strange reason. Yes, a free open WiFi would make sense alright. It'd be perfect for people using Telegram/Viber/etc. to message and phone friends/family for free.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mytholder

There's an open wifi network in the coffee shop in the Maternity Hospital - at least, there was two years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

mytholder wrote: »
    There's an open wifi network in the coffee shop in the Maternity Hospital - at least, there was two years ago.

It's still there, up to a month ago anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

I think so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement