Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor/country clothing shops cork.

Options
  • 08-10-2014 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, just wondering if there is anywhere in the centre of cork preferably that does decent wellingtons, like le chameau or aigle? And no I don't want hunter because they are now made in China (well have been for a while)

Thanks in advance.

M.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

monkeynuz wrote: »
    Hi guys, just wondering if there is anywhere in the centre of cork preferably that does decent wellingtons, like le chameau or aigle? And no I don't want hunter because they are now made in China (well have been for a while)

Thanks in advance.

M.
    Try murrays on patrick st.
    Cork angling and outdoor by the kinsale roundabout might be worth checking too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Not center of Cork, but I get my wellies from Midleton Co-op. Farmer type wellies, rather than angling ones.

They do Dunlop and Badou brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,031 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Mathew's on Lavitt's Quay.
    TKMax

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Thanks for the replies chaps,

I'll try a couple of the places mentioned but I'm not after Dunlop or hunter wellies which they seem to do at tk max and I can't imagine they would do aigle.

Thanks for the replies chaps,

I'll try a couple of the places mentioned but I'm not after Dunlop or hunter wellies which they seem to do at tk max and I can't imagine they would do aigle.

You never know what you'll find in TKMax.

• Advertisement

Ok thanks I'll give it a go, to be honest I've never been in a tk max before so it'll be an education!

I've never been in a tk max before so it'll be an education!

Never mind the fact that Hunter wellies are passé now that they're made in China, the above is the definition of pure posh;)

Couldn't care less about hunter being passé, it is merely the quality of construction that concerns me. I have been buying le chameau and aigle for over 20 years, I can't wait to see what tk max has.

Advertisement