Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym & Swim? (Dooradoyle-ish)

• 08-10-2014 10:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm recently after moving in to Dooradoyle and hopeful of getting back into some sort of routine of going to a gym, having a swim.

Can anybody suggest any good facilities reasonably near by? I work in Raheen Business Park, so anywhere out there is perfect too!

Thanks! :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭squonk

The Maldron on Childers road has a health club with a pool. Not that far from Dooradoyle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭ink

Check out Dooradoyle leisure club on Dooradoyle road, next to County Council building.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭damo80

ink wrote: »
    Check out Dooradoyle leisure club on Dooradoyle road, next to County Council building.

Closing their pool AFAIK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I've been a member of both the Maldron and Dooradoyle gym. Would go for the Maldron everytime. Nicer (and cleaner) gym and pool, and staff much more helpful than Dooradoyle. I think both start at about €150 for 3 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

damo80 wrote: »
    Closing their pool AFAIK

We just got a text from them to say they are closing the swimming pool in november

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 4 leaf clover

be fit off the ballysimon road is supposedly very reasonable but i do not know if they have a pool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭ink

We just got a text from them to say they are closing the swimming pool in november

That's a pity. I'd much prefer the Dooradoyle Leisure Club as it is very close to my house. Since there is no more exit linking the Cork road and Childers road near Roxboro getting to Maldrone hotel from Dooradoyle is not so easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

be fit off the ballysimon road is supposedly very reasonable but i do not know if they have a pool

they've moved to a new building, apparently its now terrible, very crammed and either freezing or a sweet lodge, also no showers(well there is, but in another building 3 minutes away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

The maldron is pretty grim - i left it. It was old and depressing, machines broken and not repaired. The showers were grotty and the staff (except one nice girl working there) left a lot to be desired.

Advertisement