Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best pay-as-you go plan

Options
  • 08-10-2014 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all,

Recently I moved to Ireland but was still using my old network because it had the option for 10 euros extra per month to have the same rates I had in my home country in several European countries. But now I want to switch to an Irish phone network and I was wondering which one to choose and the best plan for me. I like to travel and to have the freedom to use my phone in different countries without paying a ridiculous amount off money. Any advices for me?

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards

Filipa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Have a look at this thread - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057168810 as it compares all the various SIM only options (I'm assuming you're not looking to buy a new phone).

For example I use the €10 per month option from 48 which gives me 300mins to mobile, 60 mins to landlines, unlimited texts (subject to fair usage) and 1GB data.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

It really depends as pretty much every offer will give you a good deal on something but be designed to extract as much money as possible from whatever is not included in your deal (for example unlimited calls to Ireland but outrageous prices to call abroad).

How much do you call/text to Ireland. How much abroad?
    How much internet allowance do you need?
    Do you favour cheaper prices or better service? (better coverage, faster internet, etc)
    When you say you want to use it abroad, is it mostly for calls/texts or internet?

Advertisement