Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stop bitch coming in season

• 08-10-2014 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

hi all i have an English pointer bitch who just had a litter of pups which i got put down because they were off a rottweiler dog. wondering is there an injection i can give her to stop her coming in season with out neutering her??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Can you not just keep her secure, away from other dogs? Inside your house or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

You had a litter of pups put down? :mad: Did a vet do that for you?

Why can't you get your dog spayed?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

OP,
    Instead of killing those full-term pups, which quite frankly is an utterly horrible thing to do... It's 2014, not 1914, you could have had the mis-mate injection done when she was originally mated.
    On an ongoing basis, whilst you can tinker around with their heats using hormonal injections, this is not a safe nor permanent option, because there is a seriously increased risk of uterine problems in bitches on whom these injections are used.
    So, either spay her, or make it your business to keep her securely locked in when she comes in heat.
    Your poor dog. She must be very distressed at losing all her puppies immediately after birth. A dreadful thing to do to her.

Now with mod hat on, because your op is going to cause a blow-out on this forum, to which I believe it is unsuited, and because your question should really be directed to your vet, I am closing this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement