Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self Build Mortgage Guidance

Options
  • 08-10-2014 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I was hoping to get some quick guidance on a self build mortgage, all i need to know is am i heading in the right direction, and is there more i need to do and would i even qualify for a mortgage of this size.
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]It will be a joint application, one earner - €[/font][font=Calibri, sans-serif]60,414, PAYE employee.  (38 years old)[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]married, 2 kids, (1 & 3)[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]The best quote fully detailed contractors finish €[/font][font=Calibri, sans-serif]210k (inc Vat). [/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]The site was gifted and we have [/font][font=Calibri, sans-serif]full plann[/font][font=Calibri, sans-serif]ing.[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Credit card debt of under €400 [/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]A consolidation loan with  €5k remaining to pay off at €300 per month[/font]

No other debt or loan obligations

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]4 months saving history at €1000 per month + approx €3k with other savings (Credit Union)[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Cash gift in progress of around €15,000. [/font]
    what i would really like to know is what would be the max mortgage i could be eligible for? 

When should i look to apply, how many more months of savings do i need to show?

Anything else i need to be doing to ensure i have no issues in application?

appreciate any guidance you can offer. thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi SelfBuilding,

Welcome to boards and thank you for your query.

As all mortgage applications are based on case by case basis we would be unable to provide you with the exact information you require here. We would ask that you contact our Mortgage Team on 0818 200 339 or alternatively you can request a call back here,  one of our Mortgage Advisors there will be more than happy to discuss this in more detail with you and supply you with all the information you require. 

The above link will also direct you to the Mortgage FAQ's which you may find beneficial.

If we can offer any further assistance please let us know.

Thanks,
    Paula C

Advertisement