Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Week 6 Thread

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Rams shafted by the refs on that drive. No idea what they could possibly have seen there...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Rams playing surprisingly well so far. Some good stuff on offense.

49ers defense are playing well enough when not giving up penalties.

They've done ok since the first drive. Offense MIA though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,029 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Woah, Brandon Lloyd to the house, game back on again. Bad coverage from the Rams.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

eagle eye wrote: »
    Woah, Brandon Lloyd to the house, game back on again. Bad coverage from the Rams.

49ers are very lucky to be this close. Poor play calling as you said. Get the ball first second half.

16 pass plays . 6 runs. The rams have the best pass defenseman in the league.

• Advertisement

Weirdly the last 49er with an 80 yard TD was Brandon Lloyd in 2005

No chance that is overturned, its just too close.

My tv blipped for a moment, it was overturned by the looks of things. I didn't think you could be certain that the knee or hand came down first there. Doesn't matter anyways, very same play, different receiver on the next play.

Good drive there from 49ers. Little enough from Crabtree and Davis again though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Defence coming through and O line bossing. Cap on 318 yd passing now. Stars aligning. Just need to finish this drive on 2nd down passes for the game

• Advertisement

WTF Cap?!

Why not kick the fg there?

Worst game from Davis in a long time. Right call to go for it on 4th but Hyde hasn't the punch.

That's 6 points they could have had.

adrian522 wrote: »
    That's 6 points they could have had.
    Should a had. A sweep instead of a punch might have done it, or Cap going himself. 7 point margin not reflective. SF simply have to collect this kick

Out of jail. Sweet :D

I thought the Rams were going to do it, pick six finishes the game. And I'm happy about that with a sneaky bet on any other td scorer @ 12/1:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I thought the Rams were going to do it, pick six finishes the game. And I'm happy about that with a sneaky bet on any other td scorer @ 12/1:D

I had 49ers -3.5 at evens so I went from spitting blood when they didn't just take the fecking FG twice to looking like they were about to give up a TD and kill my net within around 90 seconds.

Davis and whoever the other TE (#89) is, are both going to get eaten alive tomorrow for running into each other and costing then a TD just before that, though.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Indianapolis Colts @ Houston Texans
    - Didn't make pick in time.

New England Patriots @ Buffalo Bills
    Carolina Panthers @ Cincinnati Bengals
    Pittsburgh Steelers @ Cleveland Browns
    Baltimore Ravens @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Green Bay Packers @ Miami Dolphins
    Denver Broncos @ New York Jets
    Jacksonville Jaguars @ Tennessee Titans
    Detroit Lions @ Minnesota Vikings
    San Diego Chargers @ Oakland Raiders
    Arizona Cardinals
    Chicago Bears @ Atlanta Falcons
    Dallas Cowboys @ Seattle Seahawks
    New York Giants @ Philadelphia Eagles
    San Francisco 49ers @ St Louis Rams
    9-4-1 on the week.
    50-23-1 on the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Rams shafted by the refs on that drive. No idea what they could possibly have seen there...

Turning point in the game for me, nice 21 yard gain and in comfortable FG range if nothing else. The drive would have continued and they could have saw out the half. But then the Ref calls the mysterious & phantom OPI and the 49er's score their TD.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

kryogen wrote: »
    Thursday Night/Friday Morning 1.25AM

Indianapolis Colts @ Houston Texans Live on Sky Sports 2 W

Sunday Evening 6PM

New England Patriots @ Buffalo Bills W

Cincinnati Bengals P

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Cleveland Browns W

Baltimore Ravens @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers W

Green Bay Packers @ Miami Dolphins W

Denver Broncos @ New York Jets W

Jacksonville Jaguars @ Tennessee Titans W

Minnesota Vikings Live on Sky Sports 2 - Tossed a coin, went with the home team. L

Sunday Evening 9:05PM

San Diego Chargers @ Oakland Raiders W

Sunday Evening 9:25PM

Washington Redskins @ Arizona Cardinals W

Atlanta Falcons L

Dallas Cowboys @ Seattle Seahawks Live on Sky Sports 2 L

Sunday Night/Monday Morning 1:30AM

Philadelphia Eagles Live on Channel 4 W

Monday Night/Tuesday Morning 1:30AM

San Francisco 49ers @ St Louis Rams Live on Eurosport 2 W

11-3-1

Similar to last week really other then the push game. No big surprises either, just a small one maybe with the Bears turning over the Falcons on the road. Very frustrating team! I suppose I should add the cowboys to that, but they are the definition of unpredictable so nothing with them surprises anymore

Had a great weekend from a betting perspective and the Pats went top of the AFC East, but those damn injuries man

Edit: Suppose I should tally up even though I only began the picking on week 5!

Season total 23-6-1

Colts v Texans
    Pats v Bills
    Panthers v Bengals
    Steelers v Browns
    Ravens v Bucs
    Packers v Dolphins
    Broncos v Jets
    Jags v Titans
    Lions v Vikings
    Chargers v Raiders
    Redskins v Cardinals
    Bears v Falcons
    Cowboys v Seahawks
    Giants v Eagles
    49ers v Rams

11-3-1 for the week
    30-28-1 for the season

brutal season but at least iv a winning record now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,927 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Colts v Texans
    Pats v Bills
    Panthers v Bengals
    Steelers v Browns
    Ravens v Bucs
    Packers v Dolphins
    Broncos v Jets
    Jags v Titans
    Lions v Vikings
    Chargers v Raiders
    Redskins v Cardinals
    Bears v Falcons
    Cowboys v Seahawks
    Giants v Eagles
    49ers v Rams

13-1-1 Damn the Cowboys anyway, would have been as good as a perfect week excluding the tie (I'm always amused by how disgusted Americans are by the concept of a draw, the RedZone lad seemed nauseated by it).

59-31-1 on the year now. (Should we actually be counting the tie as a loss in the sense that nobody correctly predicted it? Or just exclude it from your numbers altogether?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Colts v Texans
    Pats v Bills
    Panthers v Bengals
    Steelers v Browns
    Ravens v Bucs
    Packers v Dolphins
    Broncos v Jets
    Jagsv Titans
    Lions v Vikings
    Chargers v Raiders
    Redskins v Cardinals
    Bears v Falcons
    Cowboys v Seahawks
    Giants v Eagles
    49ers v Rams

10-5

53-38

Love how people are treating the tie as a tie in their predictions. If you predicted one of the teams to win then you got your prediction wrong, so chalk up another loss.

11-4 for the week,
    53-38 overall.

Love how people are treating the tie as a tie in their predictions. If you predicted one of the teams to win then you got your prediction wrong, so chalk up another loss.

11-4 for the week,
    53-38 overall.

Well, 13-2 then. Still better than you.

11-4 for the week,
    53-38 overall.

Not in two way betting/picking, there was no result for the game, it was a push and will go in the record books as such. So must be counted as one.

I thought it was generally accepted you were picking which team would win in a two option contest?

If neither team wins its a no contest, not a loss. You get your money back from the bookie so would be a bit harsh calling it a loss when there was no loser from the game. It would be different in a sport like soccer obviously, 3 way betting is the norm. NFL is different though.

Wouldnt bother me I suppose if others treated it as a loss, but I certainly wouldnt. If the generally accepted way of picks was a 3 way market I would go along with it, but when it is certainly a 2 way market I would not be changing mine.

Turning point in the game for me, nice 21 yard gain and in comfortable FG range if nothing else. The drive would have continued and they could have saw out the half. But then the Ref calls the mysterious & phantom OPI and the 49er's score their TD.

A good few dodgy calls this weekend and I was thankful the Pats were on the right side of a few of them too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭boccy23

boccy23 wrote: »
    Colts v Texans W
    Pats v Bills W
    Panthers v Bengals Push
    Steelers v Browns L
    Ravens v Bucs W
    Packers v Dolphins W
    Broncos v Jets W
    Jags v Titans L
    Lions v Vikings W
    Chargers v Raiders W
    Redskins v Cardinals W
    Bears v Falcons L
    Cowboys v Seahawks L
    Giants v Eagles L
    49ers v Rams W

9-5-1 this week.
    57-32-1 overall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Not in two way betting/picking, there was no result for the game, it was a push and will go in the record books as such. So must be counted as one.

I thought it was generally accepted you were picking which team would win in a two option contest?

If neither team wins its a no contest, not a loss. You get your money back from the bookie so would be a bit harsh calling it a loss when there was no loser from the game. It would be different in a sport like soccer obviously, 3 way betting is the norm. NFL is different though.

Wouldnt bother me I suppose if others treated it as a loss, but I certainly wouldnt. If the generally accepted way of picks was a 3 way market I would go along with it, but when it is certainly a 2 way market I would not be changing mine.

All good points, I was about to post good thing Paddy doesnt agree with you under Adrians post. I counted it as a loss as this is just a bit of fun. If there was money involved Id be on your side of the coin alright!

All good points, I was about to post good thing Paddy doesnt agree with you under Adrians post. I counted it as a loss as this is just a bit of fun. If there was money involved Id be on your side of the coin alright!

Yeah I'm counting it as a loss, would see it as more like Last Man Standing. If you predicted a win, you were wrong. Doesn't make a difference what way you do it, since by definition everybody was wrong, so as long as everybody is taking the same approach it doesn't matter.

Yeah I'm counting it as a loss, would see it as more like Last Man Standing. If you predicted a win, you were wrong. Doesn't make a difference what way you do it, since by definition everybody was wrong, so as long as everybody is taking the same approach it doesn't matter.

No issue with that viewpoint either.

I look at this as I do my betting though, and since nobody ever predicts draws in these things I take it the general consensus is that its the two way win market, so if neither team wins neither team loses :)

If it was for a Last Man Standing I would chalk it in as a loss naturally.

No issue with that viewpoint either.

I look at this as I do my betting though, and since nobody ever predicts draws in these things I take it the general consensus is that its the two way win market, so if neither team wins neither team loses :)

If it was for a Last Man Standing I would chalk it in as a loss naturally.
    That's what I was going off of too, most websites that use "expert" picks (which funny enough most on here do better than) tend to use that same idea in the event of a draw which is why I put it as the same.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks/straight-up/6
    http://nflpickwatch.com/?week=6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Colts v Texans
    Pats v Bills
    Panthers v Bengals
    Steelers v Browns
    Ravens v Bucs
    Packers v Dolphins
    Broncos v Jets
    Jags v Titans
    Lions v Vikings
    Chargers v Raiders
    Redskins v Cardinals
    Bears v Falcons
    Cowboys v Seahawks
    Giants v Eagles
    49ers v Rams

12-2-1 this week. 56-21-1 for the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Colts @ Texans
    Patriots @ Bills
    Panthers @ Bengals
    Steelers @ Browns
    Ravens @ Buccaneers
    Packers @ Dolphins
    Broncos @ Jets
    Jaguars @ Titans
    Lions @ Vikings
    Chargers @ Raiders