Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG3d TV

Options
  • 08-10-2014 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I bought a 47 inch LG3D TV from Harvey Nichols six months ago and its broken down already. I'm very disappointed with the fact that it broke down so soon and more so with the fact that I had to fight to get a replacement TV. They promised to have the TV repaired in a week when in fact it took them a week to pick up the TV from our address. That's the position at the moment. Has any body had similar experience? Regards Patrick.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Harvey Nichols do they sell TV's? Do you mean Norman?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

had to fight with them to get a replacement indicates you got a replacement.

if so what exactly is your issue / query ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭stooge

D3PO wrote: »
    had to fight with them to get a replacement indicates you got a replacement.

if so what exactly is your issue / query ?

I think the point is that the after sales service from Harvey (Norman?) that the OP experienced was substandard. The OP is asking if others have had a similar experience or whether this was an exception. It's a perfectly reasonable question on their behalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

stooge wrote: »
    I think the point is that the after sales service... was substandard....

What was substandard? Or what do you think is the standard.

The retailer is entitled to repair a faulty item. How long it can take isn't specific. I'm open to correction on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

I think the point is that the after sales service from Harvey (Norman?) that the OP experienced was substandard. The OP is asking if others have had a similar experience or whether this was an exception. It's a perfectly reasonable question on their behalf.
    Unfortunately the first post is so scant on details we can't really ascertain what he experienced.
    Timescale and sequence of events is important. We don't know how long he was waiting for action, it's not even clear if he actually got a replacement or they just took the old one away for repair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

I think the point is that the after sales service was substandard. .

exactly my point. you think because the customer has been very very unclear.

hence my post. perfectly reasonable to ask them to expand on a pretty cryptic post.

Advertisement