Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whooping Cough Vaccine

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

amen wrote: »
    should people not state their professional qualifications when discussing an SPC sheet ?

I suppose that's up to each person if they choose to. I'm a health professional. I'm not going to go into the specific details of that SPC because 1. I haven't studied it in detail, and 2. I don't want to take responsibility online for professional advice. The only reason I posted was because it galls me that on these sites information is often misinterpreted or misrepresented and the vast majority of readers will believe what they read as they won't understand the source material themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭sari

I understand where you are coming from on the spcs but I did not provide false information the truth is there is only data to show immunity for up to 9 years and the leaflet clearly states this.
    Any other information is completely anecdotal and we know that that kind of info cannot be trused whether it shows positives or negatives to vaccination. If you are going to use anecdotal info to show levels of immunity are longer then we must also give the same belief to reports of serious reactions to vaccinations outside of trials and that is a very dangerous road as I said before yiu cannot pick and choose, post trial information is either reliabe or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Medical advice is not allowed here, please do your own research on each vaccine and speak to your health professional before making decisions. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement