Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zwift

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Just got a beta sign-up, downloaded the software, synced the PM, Cadence and HR and ready to go.

Anyone else using it?

Not sure if I'll just use it for gentle recovery rides to supplement the TrainerRoad session or how it will be used at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

I was looking at this too, but I'm not sure where it fits. It doesn't seem to be a proper full on training tool. Not sure how I would get on doing long spins on it when the weather is bad. Choice between this and going outside and I'd be outside. Hard to see what they are aiming for at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

With the addition of ERG mode and workout creator along with the main platform out of beta, are many people now using this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

Using it as get two months free with Strava. Prob will go back to Trainer Road afterwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭gofasterdad

I used it today for the free 50 kilometre trial and have mixed feelings about it.

For the first 15 mins, it was a novelty, then, once I settled down into a constant pace, the rolling landscape got a little boring, and there was no interaction with the other riders.

I was just about to call time on the experiment, when I was passed by a cyclist from Norway with a German in tow. Up to that point, I was cycling on my own and occasionally passing people, but nobody had overtaken me. So when the two guys charged up the road ahead, it caught my attention and I accelerated to catch them. Then for the next 15 mins or so, I raced head to head against them with the lead changing multiple times. With one or two others joining the racing group, I found myself working much harder than I did on my own, and really enjoyed the "racing" aspect.

I wouldn't choose it over Trainerroad just yet, but it would be nice to have it for the novelty factor every now and then.

• Advertisement

The organised races, TT's and group rides are good fun also. Join the TeamSpeak channel also for the specific race/group-rides so can chat while racing etc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Signed up for it and first ride will be tomorrow morning early.

I wouldn't choose it over Trainerroad just yet, but it would be nice to have it for the novelty factor every now and then.

You can also run TR and Zwift side-by-side if wanted, can make some of the boring TR workouts somewhat more enjoyable if you are not watching a video etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

stevire wrote: »

Cool concept for sure, but what struck me strangely enough was that some of the riders weren't wearing helmets in that cover pic. And yes, I know it's virtual, but still...

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Cool concept for sure, but what struck me strangely enough was that some of the riders weren't wearing helmets in that cover pic. And yes, I know it's virtual, but still...

It does give you the option to select one or not:P

• Advertisement

It does give you the option to select one or not:P

And that just seems so.....wrong.

Dory Dory wrote: »
    And that just seems so.....wrong.

They need to cater for the hipsters online.

I always wear a helmet, they sort of come in handy when a car tries to run you over.

On at 6am tomorrow morning due to ice if anyone on here is interested, Doing 3.5 hrs, 2.5-3w/pkg on flat and pushing 3.5-4 on the climbs.

On at 6am tomorrow morning due to ice if anyone on here is interested, Doing 3.5 hrs, 2.5-3w/pkg on flat and pushing 3.5-4 on the climbs.

Will you be wearing a helmet? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Mountain bike or turbo for me when the roads are this bad. Helmet or not a wipe out will potentially make a mess of your season.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭MD1983

do you find zwift helps to pass the time on the turbo for the long steady turbos?

MD1983 wrote: »
    do you find zwift helps to pass the time on the turbo for the long steady turbos?

It certainly does make time go at a more bearable pace:). For me i need to start getting used to some 3-5hr turbos over next few weeks if weather continues as is so anything that aids that is a good thing. I am also using the software for quality sessions on ERG mode.

Advertisement