Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Depot for oversized items?

• 08-10-2014 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi All

Was wondering if us Limerick people had the option of ordering TVs etc and opting to collect at a local Parcel Motel Depot ie only for oversized items that dont fit in a locker....

Jack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I got parcels via Parcel Motel a couple of times that turned out to be oversized. In that case, what happened was I got a text to that effect from them, and then when I contacted Nightline Couriers (the crowd behind PM that do the actual trucking) they asked me if I'd like the shipment sent down to their depot in Cork (Little Island) which was done, fairly sharpish, at no extra charge. All I had to do was cruise down the road a bit and grab it. That's my experience of it anyway.

Nightline have a depot in Crossagalla Industrial Estate, Ballysimon as well, so I should imagine it'd work much the same for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You can collect in Eastway Business Park across from Finuncans from 8:30am. Had to collect a few items myself.

Parcel motel aren't as efficient with over sized items. 3 times it took 2-3 days before it eventually turned up. I had considered a TV myself through Amazon but I dunno as they can be quite fragile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭banie01

+1 on Beer Barons post.
    The outsized stuff requires a phonecall to Nightline and then the parcel is forwarded to the Ballysimon Depot.
    They will also arrange a delivery to the home for a charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

banie01 wrote: »
    +1 on Beer Barons post.
    The outsized stuff requires a phonecall to Nightline and then the parcel is forwarded to the Ballysimon Depot.
    They will also arrange a delivery to the home for a charge.

I thought PM cottoned on to this oversize ordering and now - charge extra per weight. I once had a tonne of camera and lighting equipment collected in Nightline (Eastway) for the 3.50 charge.

This has since changed... You can still pick up TV's etc. It just costs a bit more once it's oversized.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭shoppergal

Be very careful re this. I ordered a kids plastic swing set from Amazon through Parcel Motel and based on the weight they charged €70. No mention of it, no email confirming the amount, just €70 charge applied to my cc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

http://www.parcelmotel.com/howmuch.html

A bit convoluted but it does explain the extra charges for oversize/overweight items.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kurtainsider

I received an oversize item earlier in the year. They delivered it to my home for an additional fee. I can't remember how much but it wasn't excessive - a tenner or so I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I've just gotten a text saying that Your oversize parcel is ready for collection at Nightline, Unit 4 Mygan Pk, Finglas Dublin 11.

So going by this thread if I give them a call tomorrow they will send it to the limerick depot is that correct?

I don't understand why they don't automatically send it to the nearest depot to the parcel motel

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭sonyair

Ya give them a call and they will send it on, they have moved to annacotty industrial estate

sonyair wrote:
    Ya give them a call and they will send it on, they have moved to annacotty industrial estate

Excellent thanks yep I know where they are in annacotty thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I usually just email them asking them to send it to the Limerick Depot and they send it on no hassle. They have moved though from the Ballysimon Road out to Annacotty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I'll tell you why they don't just send it to limerick because I asked them recently. There isn't a depot in every county so they can't just decide which depot to choose for those in counties without a proper depot.

In my case I've collected oversized stuff from 3 different depots because it suited me.

Also I found out the hard way that they don't just charge €7.95 for an oversized item. I was charged €14.50 for an oversized item. Apparently their charges range from €7.50 for ofersized so a tv could cost €14.50 to receive and up to another €14.50 to deliver it to your house or free to depot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

you should try parcelconnect.

I've used it 12 times now and got the items delivered to my local centra.

1 parcel was a 42" tv another a large flat packed work bench.

no oversize charge and the best bit is the shop is supposed to charge you on collection but i have yet to be charged.

You get an email on arrival in NI and a text when it is in your local shop.

Just to update I phoned them is morning and it'll be in the limerick depot tomorrow no hassle and excellent service

He said I should ring before I head to collect it as they don't have the text service up and running for that yet

Advertisement