Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electric ireland direct debit

Options
  • 08-10-2014 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I had a direct debit due out yesterday to electric ireland which was returned unpaid by my bank even thou it was only 46c short... anyway my question is will they reapply for it in a few days or do i have to ring up and pay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Talk to Electric Ireland.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

jmommy11 wrote: »
    I had a direct debit due out yesterday to electric ireland which was returned unpaid by my bank even thou it was only 46c short... anyway my question is will they reapply for it in a few days or do i have to ring up and pay?

Hi jmommy11,

Thanks for your question. If your Direct Debit has been returned unpaid then we will approach your bank again for the balance in 10-14 days. If you've any further questions please let us know.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jmommy11

Ok thanks for the reply i will wait for it to be taken from the account so or should i ring up and pay? Like will i get fines or phonecalls and letters for it not going through?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jmommy11

Ok thanks for the reply i will wait for it to be taken from the account so or should i ring up and pay? Like will i get fines or phonecalls and letters for it not going through?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi jmommy11,

Both options are available to you, providing that your Direct Debit has not been returned as unpaid previously (Direct Debit can be cancelled by your bank if it is returned as unpaid three times). You can wait until the balance is requested again by Direct Debit, or you can pay the balance by another method. If you opt to pay the balance over the phone/in the Post Office etc. then please do so in the next 7 days to ensure that it has been received before another request is sent to your bank. When a Direct Debit is returned as unpaid, then there is a €6 fee applied to your next bill.

If you'd like us to look into your account, please PM with your Electric Ireland account number, full name, address and contact number. Please also confirm if you are the account holder.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Advertisement
Advertisement