Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual sim phone

Options
  • 08-10-2014 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    Looking for a dual sim phone preferably a Nokia one, is it possible to get one that uses both sims at the same time? I need one that will run whatsapp and other apps, any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Talula_d

It doesn't mention anything about being a dual sim phone though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Talula_d wrote: »
    It doesn't mention anything about being a dual sim phone though?
    Don't worry, it is. The Moto G 4G (1st gen model) is also dual SIM and obtainable for about €130. Its basically just a 4.5" version with 4G and a 5MP camera as opposed to the newer 5" 8MP without 4G.

http://m.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_g_dual_sim_(2014)-6648.php

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

Just my two cents on dual sim phones. 99% of them will run the second sim on standby - which basically means that when you are on a call on the first sim the second one automatically goes to voice mail or not available (depending on your setup) because you are already using the the single antenna that's in the phone. I got caught out with this because I threw my own sim and my work sim into the same acer liquid z3 dual sim and sat talking all day on my own sim to friends while my boss couldn't get through to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭magnavox

advertsfox wrote: »
    Don't worry, it is. The Moto G 4G (1st gen model) is also dual SIM and obtainable for about €130. Its basically just a 4.5" version with 4G and a 5MP camera as opposed to the newer 5" 8MP without 4G.

http://m.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_g_dual_sim_(2014)-6648.php

Are you sure the old version is actually available in 4G and dual sim together? I've been looking for this myself but I can't seem to find it. Got a link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim ls available on amazon, not a bad price

The 4G Moto G on sale in Ireland and the UK is not dual sim only the new 2nd gen 5" is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭corkoian

Nokia 735, only just announced. Duel sim and 4G!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Talula_d

Thanks for all the replies!
    The phone is for my partner who only has a work phone but his work phone doesn't have a data plan so he is thinking of getting a seperate sim for data etc but doesn't want two phones, if he does go down the road of a dual sim phone and he is using the data sim on whatsapp or Internet, if somebody tries to call him on the work sim will it go to voicemail then?

4g isn't a necessity for him but he would like Nokia as that's what he has now, so all in all what would any of you suggest would suit?

magnavox wrote: »
    Are you sure the old version is actually available in 4G and dual sim together? I've been looking for this myself but I can't seem to find it. Got a link?
    reni10 wrote: »
    The 4G Moto G on sale in Ireland and the UK is not dual sim only the new 2nd gen 5" is.

Yes it is, the version released for India is freely available on eBay. It's a little bit above the odds at ~€170 but it's preference to you if you really don't want a 5" screen.

GSM Spec: http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_g_dual_sim-5978.php

eBay Link: http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Genuine-Motorola-Moto-G-XT-1033-8GB-DUAL-SIM-Black-Australian-Stock-UNLOCKED-/281261032281?pt=AU_Mobile_Phones&hash=item417c76c359

• Advertisement

Yes it is, the version released for India is freely available on eBay. It's a little bit above the odds at ~€170 but it's preference to you if you really don't want a 5" screen.

As I said the version of the Moto G 4G on sale in Ireland and the UK is NOT Dual SIM.

You can get an Indian version as you have pointed out from eBay but this has never been officially released in the UK and Ireland.

reni10 wrote: »
    As I said the version of the Moto G 4G on sale in Ireland and the UK is NOT Dual SIM.

You can get an Indian version as you have pointed out from eBay but this has never been officially released in the UK and Ireland.
    I was actually replying to the comment I quoted from magnavox...
    Are you sure the old version is actually available in 4G and dual sim together?

... and using your quote as a reference point.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭magnavox

GSM Spec: http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_g_dual_sim-5978.php

eBay Link: http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Genuine-Motorola-Moto-G-XT-1033-8GB-DUAL-SIM-Black-Australian-Stock-UNLOCKED-/281261032281?pt=AU_Mobile_Phones&hash=item417c76c359

The original Moto G is not available with both 4G and dual sim. It's one or the other as far as I can see.

The versions I see every where are as follows.

Original Moto G
    Original Moto G with 4G
    Original Moto G with duel sim (ebay amazon India etc)

New Moto G
    New Moto G with duel sim (ebay amazon India etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

corkoian wrote: »
    Nokia 735, only just announced. Duel sim and 4G!

The 735 is 4G, but the 730 is the dual sim model but doesn't have 4G. Same the 630 is dual and the 635 is 4G

Advertisement