Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to transport a cross-trainer from Dublin to Ennis, what is best way?

Options
  • 08-10-2014 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭

I need to transport a cross-trainer from Dublin to Ennis and its too big to fit in a car. Anyone know what is the best way for this, hire a van or some other way? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

No way to dismantle it? It was taken apart for transport when you got it, I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Bucklesman wrote: »
    No way to dismantle it? It was taken apart for transport when you got it, I'm sure.

I was kinda hoping to avoid that, i did put it together but cant remember how i did it, not the DIY type

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Warper wrote: »
    I was kinda hoping to avoid that, i did put it together but cant remember how i did it, not the DIY type

Put the make and model into Google and select videos, you might find an instructional there. There's a chance that you won't have to dismantle it entirely. If you can separate the ground part from the handles sticking up and the screen at the top then you've got it down to a flat shape and with a decent sized car and a hand getting it in and out then you should be able to transport it yourself

Otherwise you could courier it, there are lots of Man with a Van services on Donedeal/Adverts, prices vary widely so ring around. Courier services like Fastway, Nightline might also be an option but AFAIK they calculate prices by volumetric weight which means it could be very expensive unless it is flat packed down, as they charge by the space its taking up in their vans.

You could hire a van yourself but by the time you've paid for that, insurance and petrol to Ennis and back you'll have spent probably €120-150 and I reckon you'd find a man with a van service to do it for you for somewhere around that level.

Out of all your options I'd try dismantling it yourself first. Im not a DIY person either but these things aren't as difficult as you think and if you have a video or pictures to guide you then its hard to go wrong. If you can separate the two main sections of the machine then you should be grand to get it into a boot. Reassembly in Ennis is just the reverse of that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Alternatively, fit some wheels onto it & you've got yourself one hell of a workout all the way to the Sunny SouthWest!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,833 ✭✭✭Alkers

I am doing this trip next Monday in a Laguna estate if that's any use to you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Simona1986 wrote: »
    I am doing this trip next Monday in a Laguna estate if that's any use to you?

Ya, thats sounds brilliant, would it fit?? Obv i would pay for doing it, please PM if you are, i am in the city centre

Advertisement