Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soxa Electronics

Options
  • 08-10-2014 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi guys
    I have a quick question
    Have you ever ordered from soxa electronics website?

How did you find them?

I recently ordered a PlayStation 4 from them and it still has not arrived.

They have removed the order history from my account so I can't even track my item status.

They are in the UK

Please help

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Something seems very off about the prices on their site TBH.

http://www.whoismind.com/whois/soxaelectronics.com.html

On the above I would get a chargeback done ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Brendanm357

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Something seems very off about the prices on their site TBH.

I was told they buy straight from the manufacturer and that is how they can have them so cheap.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

well the site is only online 20 days by the looks of it.

how do you find this out?

according to some sites people have bought from them and reviews are good.

I'm usually quiet careful when it comes to buying online 😟

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

That sounds really dodgy to me. Have they a twitter or anything?

• Advertisement

Just google "whois"

My link above is the company details and the domain was only created 20 days ago.

The fact they have removed your order seems very suspect. Its supposed to be english with its owner in the US.

what should I do ?

they required bank transfer to which I had notified the bank in the first place

I would get the bank to cancel the transfer and reverse it asap.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

From Playstation - more of a consumer issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,057 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I was told they buy straight from the manufacturer and that is how they can have them so cheap.

When somewhere claims that, its generally not true. Small retailers don't get to do that.

Ditto bank transfer - I'm fairly certain you've been had and you're not getting either the PS4 or the cash. NEVER do bank transfer to somewhere you've not bought off before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

jonny24ie wrote: »
    I would get the bank to cancel the transfer and reverse it asap.

I'm pretty sure that's not possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

They are in the UK

Ummm, a quick google of their London address shows that it's a Turkish restaurant. I think you're in trouble here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Domain is now suspended. Hope you get your cash back OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 robbip

Hi Brendan I bought an ipad from them recently. They said the item would be shipped on the 29/9/14 . I still havnt got it . I did an international money transfer. I was on to aib this morning and they said that I would have to get on to the gardai and get them to chase it up. Their website since this morning was taken down and can't get through on email or phone. I was on to donedeal and they removed the person from their selling site cos they didn't realise he was from the uk. They said they would help with the investigation with the gardai. Nightmare! Might not get the money back .

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mollymacmaura

I'm also in same boat lodged €438. To a Llyods bank Acc for iPhone6.. Can't believe I was suckd in😔 they do say if it's too good to be true it isn't true!!!! What will I do now??

• Registered Users Posts: 3 robbip

I am disgusted the bank can't do anything I was already on to them they said go to gardai .

Money has already left the bank, its beyond their control and its not insured.

NEVER EVER EVER EVER pay for something like this by bank transfer. If somewhere won't take a credit card, don't use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mollymacmaura

I'm friends with loads of Garda n they will laugh when I tell them. I'm so mad now... I so knew it couldn't b true.. But I'd googled lits about them and there's plenty happy customers out there..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

what do you think the bank can do? You instructed them to transfer money to another account. They followed that instruction. There is no way to reverse a transfer in the normal course of events. You need to make a criminal complaint to the guards. I can pretty much guarantee that the money has already been removed from the recipient account so unless you catch the guy you wont be getting your money back. And even if you catch the guy you probably still wont get your money back. bank transfers are a one way process.

MYOB wrote: »

NEVER EVER EVER EVER pay for something like this by bank transfer. If somewhere won't take a credit card, don't use them.

this needs to be put in 20 point bold at the top of every browser window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

But I'd googled lits about them and there's plenty happy customers out there..

google the word shilling.

as you said if its too good to be true .... add in dont accept credit cards.

Dont mean to rub it in but schoolboy error im afraid.

Im sorry to hear that you fell victim to this crap, very good at least we have some form of help behind us.
    i filed a report with FTC in America and then 2mor ill be heading to the gaurdai about.

if the guy was anyways decent at all he would at least reply to emails.

I always check reviews of sites before i buy because you just dont know.
    his reviews are basically what sold the site to me, you actually cant trust anything.

hopefully we can get the money back but i know for sure it will be a long time before that happens.

i had to pay a fee to transfer the money, you would think that there should be some form of insurance with that payment.
    after all 12.70 something to click a button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Sorry to see so many have been scammed.

But as MYOB has said NEVER pay by bank transfer for ANYTHING, when buying online.

Unless you are close friends with the person, do not use bank transfer, ever. It cannot be disputed if something goes wrong, and it is out of the banks control.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mucktar

I was going to order an iphone from there site thank god i never went threw with it i knew it was to good to be true hopefully the guards do follow up on this and catch them but very unlikely

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Frightening that so many people appear to have thought its ok and safe to send money in this manner,

You can pretty much garuntee the Gardai will never catch anyone involved in this website, its wayy outside of there jurisdiction

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

I don't see what the Gardai can do in this case other than refer you to the police in the UK.

The UK police have a website with an online form for reporting cyber crime as follows:
    http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report_fraud

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

MYOB wrote: »

A lot of German companies only deal via bank transfers and they are legitimate companies

A lot of German companies only deal via bank transfers and they are legitimate companies

This was certainly the case a number of years ago but most of them (at least the ones i deal with) now take credit cards. It is not a guarantee that a site is a fraud but it certainly is a red flag. If a website only takes bank transfers then people need to do due diligence before sending money. Much more due diligence than they would normally do.

Getting rarer - as nobody will deal with them. Not worth the risk.

The introduction of debit cards running on credit card systems means that most Germans now have cards anyway. The reluctance came from them not having many credit cards domestically

• Advertisement
Advertisement