Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A chance for you to win an iPad Mini !!

Options
  • 08-10-2014 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭

To celebrate our initial launch of our brand new Tablet App for iPad, we are offering our boards community a chance to win an iPad Mini. All you have to do is download our App, give it a go and tell us what you think is its best feature.

You can find more information about the app here.

Primary%20banner-ways%20to%20bank.jpg

Closing Date Friday October 17th

Please note, we understand the need for an Android version of the app for our customers. We are currently in the final stages of developing this, which will be launched in the near future. Keep an eye out here for updates.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

I love the clean layouts and the large functionality available, makes it very convenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

Good layout - intuitive and clear.  Very useful app for banking on the go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

So to enter the competition I have to already have an apple device and have a BOI account? hmmm I don't own any iProducts and I moved to Permanent TSB sometime ago for reasons to numerous to go into here...(I could also go off on one and libel myself).

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

IOS only? That's a big chunk of the market to ignore. 

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I also can't download it. But from teh mock up picks the interface looks clean and it's good to have something like that on teh go. Often I'll wnt to do a bank transaction some random place like tesco and apps like this are invaluable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,886 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    So to enter the competition I have to already have an apple device and have a BOI account? hmmm I don't own any iProducts and I moved to Permanent TSB sometime ago for reasons to numerous to go into here...(I could also go off on one and libel myself).
    Where does it say that it's iOS only? 

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

It's great little app. Nice and clear and simple to us. I'm on iOS but my misses in on Android - I'm sure you'll have the Android one out soon.

Good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Being able to do transfers on it is great

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭DUBLIN_person

Just being able to keep tabs on your transactions and balance with ease on a daily basis is a huge bonus for me!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Mars Bar wrote: »
    yeppydeppy wrote: »
    Where does it say that it's iOS only? 
    "Tablet App for iPad"

Also

"You need iOS version 7.0.6 (iPad 2) / iOS version 7.1 (iPad Air and iPad Mini) or above to download the app."

Somehow I don't think those are the ones that need the ipad mini.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

What a beautifully designed app!

Well done B.O.I., it's clean and you have everything you need to know right from the front page, pretty user friendly too.

Just hoping for an Android version now too! 

Cheers!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lmao_Man

Just tried it out there and I'm pretty impressed. Clean layout which makes it so easy to keep an eye on your transactions going in and out. Most banking related apps/sites are hard to navigate through but this makes it plain and simple - good work. 

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Easy to utilise the main features. 

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭rameire

i like the large clear layout of the app and the functionality of it, really good

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

The function to personalise it for me and other family members is very convenient

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Bill payment is pretty handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭SwimFin

Bank of Ireland’s app feature of personalising the dashboard to customise an overview of my accounts is very user friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭radia

I like the look and feel - no fuss/clutter - and it'll be handy for banking on the go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Being able to go through past statements on the larger screen is a lot easier than on the phone..

Next up for the phone app should be to integrate it with nfc for pos payments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Nice clean and intuitive interface.
    Like how it handles multi users.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭zzxx

Love the summary view of all my accounts.   Great looking app.   Well done BOI

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looks better than AIB app. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Downloaded it last week, is very easy to use, nice and clean and easy to work your way around.

Bring on a Business Online version too :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Rainbow_Bright

Easy to navigate , great for keeping track of savings and spendings and easily accessible contact details & forms.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

App is very responsive and I like it. I'd like it more if I had some money to look at though

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

looks good but will be nice to get a version of this on Android ASAP as I can only go by the demo which shows a nice clean easy to use app.

Don't have an Apple device so really need to in this to give a subjective review :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi all,

Some great comments and feedback received so far.

Keep them coming to be in with a chance to win an iPad Mini and remember, this competition doesn't close until October 17th.

Best of luck everyone.
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

Only have an android tablet but i looked at the demo and i would love to have an android version of it. I was impressed by the graphs feature that displays whether you are saving money each month and that would be very handy for me as it would encourage me to take a closer look at my finances and expenses each month! Or the free ipad mini would be a good thing too!!! :) 

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Hmmm... A competition to win an iPad but only available to people who already have an iPad!  Thanks BOI for alienating potential new customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Finally. The best feature is now I can stop trying to use the iPhone app on the ipad. Transfer are nice and simple on it. Colour coded transactions was a good idea. 
    Wish there was a function to add a few extra funds to my account. 
    Any chance of that? 

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement