Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queen and Adam Lambert European Tour

Options
  • 08-10-2014 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭

Queen and Adam Lambert announced a european tour last week.

As a lifelong Queen I couldn't be more underwhelmed.

If I want to see a bloke singing Queen karaoke I'll go down my local pub.

For me,Maylor have pissing all over Queen's legacy for years now,but is one step too far.

I know it's their band and as such they can do what they want,but I'm out.

I spent my teenage years and early twewnties besotted by Queen,and maybe I'm being a tad melodramatic,but this just doesn't sit right with me.

I went to see them in the Point with Paul Rodgers a few years ago,and that was only "alright",but this no thank you.

I'll just buy "Live at the Rainbow" and remind myself of what a powerhouse of a band you used to be...............

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

I find the fact they still tour with another singer quite embarrassing to be honest. Just let it die.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

Dub Ste wrote: »

For me,Maylor have pissing all over Queen's legacy for years now,but is one step too far.

I spent my teenage years and early twewnties besotted by Queen,and maybe I'm being a tad melodramatic,but this just doesn't sit right with me.

I went to see them in the Point with Paul Rodgers a few years ago,and that was only "alright",but this no thank you.

I'll just buy "Live at the Rainbow" and remind myself of what a powerhouse of a band you used to be...............

Agree completely. They should have stopped after Freddie's memorial. Just been embarrassing since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

Dub Ste wrote: »

Agree too.
    John Deacon did the right thing not clinging on to the Queen name.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,612 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Any Ireland date?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

May & Taylor are shameless. Touring with an xfactor singer, releasing yet another greatest hits...completely cheapening the legacy of the band.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

huge Queen fan but the carry on for the past few years is a disgrace.
    I understand they don't want to hang up their instruments yet but lambert, seriously?

As for the NEW album, 2 new songs (that I heard on youtube before) and a different version of love kills.

The rest of the album is all the old stuff from other albums that most people already have?

They could have released an old live concert album and added the new songs as a bonus or something but to try to con people out of their money for a couple of songs is shameful.

Time to call it quits lads, JD did the right thing legging it after the tribute concert.

Advertisement