Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't disable wifi on P-660HN-T1A

Options
  • 08-10-2014 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Our router has the following firmware: V3.70(BOE.4)D0 | 08/23/2010
    We use it as a modem only, wifi access through an airport extreme.
    Despite disabling the wifi through the WLAN  page on the web configurator (by de-selecting Active Wireless LAN, and applying before logging out) it re-enables itself after a while. This has happened a few times now. I note in the LOG a few 'Attacks' listed of late.

Any advice? New firmware required? Is the built in firewall sufficient? 

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

minikin wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Our router has the following firmware: V3.70(BOE.4)D0 | 08/23/2010
    We use it as a modem only, wifi access through an airport extreme.
    Despite disabling the wifi through the WLAN  page on the web configurator (by de-selecting Active Wireless LAN, and applying before logging out) it re-enables itself after a while. This has happened a few times now. I note in the LOG a few 'Attacks' listed of late.

Any advice? New firmware required? Is the built in firewall sufficient? 

Thanks in advance!
    Hi minikin

The best advice I can offer you is to contact our technical support agents via webchat [font=Calibri","sans-serif]: http://www.eircom.net/about/contact/  (or on 1890260260) as they will be able to look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al
    [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Will do, thanks Alan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

minikin wrote: »
    Will do, thanks Alan.
    No worries minikin

Al

Advertisement