Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home address for business

Options
  • 08-10-2014 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know if there are any issues with using your home address as eg.

Unit 30 Blackhorse Avenue
    Dublin

Instead of 30 Blackhorse Avenue
    Dublin

No customers will be on site and no equipment will be stored. Its basically just an office but we don't want it to look like a house address on business cards etc.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

Lots of people do it and no reason not to!! You could call it Widget House 30 Blackhorse Ave which is even more impressive!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Why put it on the business card in the first place if no one's going to visit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

Business cards , letterheads, invoices, in some cases it is a legal requirement and in other just good business practice that absent could damage the perception of the business. It is also quite handy for anyone sending you correspondence and last but not least An Post need the business!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Kendlebell

Something that people don't always think of when using their home address as their business address is security. We have a client who was stalked by a customer calling constantly to her house for no reason. No a pleasant experience. However , this may no be a concern for you as you say you will not have visitors Unit 30 sounds good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Hi,

For a €25/€30 ex charge per month...get a serviced office where you can register your business address and receive letters / parcels !
    Get a serviced office and register with CRO your Business Name and /or LTD on it.
    Well worth "peace of mind" investment !

Also, potential clients can look on the map and see that Unit 30 is a home and no way in that area is a business / office parl...you lose big !

Later, when business picks-up and you need to deal with various third party if you use your home address you will feel sorry...

Regards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

With a virtual office, how do they deal with creditors? I know companies are reluctant to deal with companies who use PO Box numbers because you cannot sue a PO Box. What's the difference with a virtual office?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Ctrl Alt Del

With a virtual office, how do they deal with creditors? I know companies are reluctant to deal with companies who use PO Box numbers because you cannot sue a PO Box. What's the difference with a virtual office?

Hello,

Not sure re creditors.
    I guess they will have a right to go after your business and personal home address,never tought of that as i will never need it...i'm self employed.

I'm using these office here,no issues so far.
    All my letters business related goes there,all deliveries as well.
    They will manage that on your behalf.
    Based on the level of service,you could fine tailor your needs so that all parties to be satisfied.
    You have a physical address not a PO Box!

Away from home,away from mixing with family,personal and so on.
    That doesn't means that i can start spamming and/or avoiding the the law or decent, common sense rules of business trade.
    The virtual/serviced office is not a hide away !

Have fun.

Advertisement