Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreadful customer care from a tile store Cork City

Options
  • 08-10-2014 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

hi i am a new member and i am not sure of what I can post and not post here. I recently tiled my kitchen and I received in what was my opinion dreadful customer care from a tile shop. I left the tile shop in tears and I decided to review the tile shop on their Facebook page. I left an honest and frank review on their Facebook page based on my experience in their shop. The shop manager rang me yesterday to say i was entitled to leave my review on the page but when i checked the page today the review was removed. I am absolutely livid. Where else can I review this store can anybody tell me please?? Can I name and shame them here or is that not allowed? The option to write reviews is completely removed on their facebook account so i can not redo my review there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Just write about your experience. The mods will let you know if you can name the company, but you probably can't. There are consumer complaint forums where you can name them, but I don't think I can direct you. Google will help. Put your experience on your own FB page and friends might share it. Repost on their FB page, mentioning the post was deleted. Tell people. Have a remedy in mind, rather than just complaining for the sake of complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Please don't name the store here. However, if you can give clear details on what happened, then posters can offer advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Daisy Dasi

thanks so much, I won't name them here, just makes me sick they can't take bad reviews on board. They told me it was a valid complaint but they are not willing to help me so might aswell let it go now thanks so much for replying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

But did you just simply put a bad review on FB without writing to the manager/owner first to see if they can rectify the situation.

Sometimes people can just get things wrong - the person you dealt with in the store could have been having a bad day or could have just had a rude customer just before you came.

There are so many possibilities that not to make an official complaint and wait for reply or give a chance for the store to rectify before posing on FB is a bit rushed.

Of course the store will take a bad review off their own FB page - its their page and there are always 2 sides to a story.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

You can write pretty much anything you want on your own Facebook page, within reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Call me Al wrote: »
    You can write pretty much anything you want on your own Facebook page, within reason.

JAYSUS - don't be saying that.

You write on your own age or anywhere else online and you have effectively "published" those comments - and if you cannot back up those comments with proof, the company or person who you make those comments about can look for redress if the comments are slanderous.

So, yes, you can write about them and the post can be shared, but be VERY careful what you write and refrain for any exaggeration. Probably easiest to simply say you had a bad experience you would would not recommend your friends to use them. Therefore you are purely proffering an opinion and not giving detail that could be disputed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Believe or not that's why I ended the sentence with the words "within reason".

Advertisement