Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

remote release extension cord.

• 08-10-2014 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

hi all,i'd like to buy an(or get one made) an extension cord for a remote shutter release for a canon 400d.i have looked at afew sites but could only find one for sale on amazon which was nearly £80 sterling(a good bit away from the price i would pay for one) i was thinking of one around 25 or 30 feet long(mainly for wildlife shots) just wondering if anyone has came across one at a reasonable price. cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭glaswegian

hi, i already have a wireless remote,the problem i have with that is i have to stand in front of the camera to use it as the sensor is on the front of the 400d.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

glaswegian wrote: »
    hi, i already have a wireless remote,the problem i have with that is i have to stand in front of the camera to use it as the sensor is on the front of the 400d.

With the one I have linked to it will work even if you are behind a wall or anywhere with range. It is wireless not infrared.
    The 1 you are using is probably the cheapo Canon infrared type.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT8uSm3yrbY
    I will guarantee it is what you need.:D

thanks for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭Alltherage

If you just search amazon for 400d shutter release you'll find plenty that will suit it's just a 2.5mm stereo connection. I use a pair of yongnuo trancievers for wireless, it's handy but if you're going to be standing next to it anyway not worrying about another set of batteries is a plus.

• Advertisement

thanks allthe rage,i already have a corded remote which works fine for long exposure shots etc,i am looking for something to trigger the shutter while i am a bit away from the camera (wildlife shots)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭Alltherage

Aye but if you did want an extension cord to do that corded then it's an audio cable you need. you'd probably be better served getting a pair of 2.5 to 3.5 adapters and a 3.5 cable just because that's much easier to come across in decent lengths.

cheers,i'll keep your advice in mind if i go down that road,in the meantime i've sent away for the remote pixbyjohn recommended,i'll see how that works out and take it from there. cheers.

Advertisement