Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there any jobs with a Food Science Qualification?

Options
  • 08-10-2014 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

I used to work as an accountant and I really want to work my way into food science in UCD most likely as a FETAC/Mature applicant.

I wanted to know do people who study food science at 3rd level likely find employment in the food industry (in this economy) ; particularly research or anything scientific. But if nothing as fancy just any job really?

It's something I've wanted to study for a long time now I'm sure I'd enjoy it, I know some people who did it and really liked it despite long days and many practicals. One of them is a nutritionist after going on to an M.A. in human nutrition.

Any ideas or information appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭generic2012

Graduate programs at Glanbia, Kerry foods, Dawn meats, Lakeland Dairies and possibly Jameson all looking for food science graduates. People are getting fatter and Food Harvest 2020 is around the corner, lots of work from what I've seen and some guesses on what could be down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Graduate programs at Glanbia, Kerry foods, Dawn meats, Lakeland Dairies and possibly Jameson all looking for food science graduates. People are getting fatter and Food Harvest 2020 is around the corner, lots of work from what I've seen and some guesses on what could be down the line.

This.

Its going to be a huge area in years to come. The next billionaires will be people who work out how to feed the world, as stupid as that sounds. We are going to start having problems given growth etc and the companies are snapping up good graduates.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Sn@kebite

thanks for the info.

Advertisement