Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wood Pellets

• 08-10-2014 8:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭

I used to buy wood pellets off Galtee Fuels on the Dock Road. Pretty decent prices too, around €3.40 or 3.60 per 10 kg.
    Sadly they closed and I can't for the life of me figure out who else sells them.
    I know Woodies have them, but their prices are a bit...optimistic, shall we say, as they usually are.
    Anyone any recommendations where i can find bags of woodpellets around Limerick city or surrounding areas? There has to be somewhere!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They haven't closed, they just relocated out to Caherconlish which may or may not suit you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

bazz26 wrote: »
    They haven't closed, they just relocated out to Caherconlish which may or may not suit you.

Not great, one may question the point of closing down a depot in a prime location with tons of passing traffic and relocating to the a-hole of nowhere.
    Is there really not a single shop around Limerick selling wood pellets? There are two depots around Ennis selling them and Ennis is a bit smaller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Actually there is already a place in Caherconlish selling them - the fuel place, opposite the petrol station. Sorry it's out of your way!

Why don't you give the manufacturers a call to find out who their Limerick stockists are?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

boomerang wrote: »
    Actually there is already a place in Caherconlish selling them - the fuel place, opposite the petrol station. Sorry it's out of your way!

Why don't you give the manufacturers a call to find out who their Limerick stockists are?

I already have, there's nought here.
    On the map it actually looks like an exclusion zone, Limerick is an almost woodpellet free zone. I guess the technology never caught on here.
    Out of my way isn't so bad, but Caherconlish is the wrong direction, but I can pick them up in Ennis on my way home or Gort on the weekend, few places doing them there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I already have, there's nought here.
    On the map it actually looks like an exclusion zone, Limerick is an almost woodpellet free zone. I guess the technology never caught on here.

There's been piped natural gas in the city for the last 30 years or so, and that probably means that a lot of people simply have gas boilers and central heating systems. The market for wood fuel boilers and pellets will therefore be a lot lower in the city given that, on price, it doesn't compete with natural gas.

• Advertisement
Advertisement