Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefox Update Problem

Options
  • 08-10-2014 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Was wondering if anyone else had this problem, I was prompted this evening by Firefox to update to the latest version (33.0), However when I tried to update, I'm getting "update failed".

When I then try to update using "download latest version" I am directed to the Mozilla home page, where I'm told, I'm using the latest version already, even though I'm using version 32.0.3, screenshots attached (hopefully)

Update, I don't know if Mozilla pulled the update to 33.0, but when I select about Firefox, I'm now been told I have the latest version (32.0.3)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Jonblack

using 33.0, but on the beta update channel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

cbr900 wrote: »
    Update, I don't know if Mozilla pulled the update to 33.0, but when I select about Firefox, I'm now been told I have the latest version (32.0.3)

I've had this happen to firefox before. It notifies you of a new update, yet when trying it fails. To be honest it looks like 33 is still in the beta channel (33 beta 9) and maybe it was a false update?

Best thing to do is just ignore and try again later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Apologies for the double post, but did you try again / get this issue sorted?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Has anyone else's firefox been acting up since the update?
    I've been encountering alotta problem's,most noticeably I can't few embedded vid's anymore,I mean they play but there's constant flickering.
    Also there's a delay in typing when writing messages or emails.
    Everythings fine when using chrome.

Advertisement