Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

self build insurance renewal seems impossible...

Options
  • 08-10-2014 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I have a self-build insurance for a house which is due to renewal pretty soon.
    The house is not finish and my insurance company is not able to renew my contract.

I've contacted some other companies : they won't insure my house, since it's currently under work and not finished.

Any advice on this ? Any company you know that can assure a under-completion house ?

Thanks in advance ;)

Bertie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Your insurers are concerned that completion will not take place in the short term and what you effectively have is an unoccupied dwelling. Contact thse people, they may be able to help

http://aikenco.ie/INSURANCE/INSURANCE/Unoccupied_Properties_(UPI).html

• Registered Users Posts: 2 WardtotheT

Had the same problem myself. Thought I would have finished by now and my Insurance company wont renew or extend! My broker put me on to Fingal Insurances in Dublin and it looks like they are coming through with the goods. Its not cheap though for this type of Insurance !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 WardtotheT

Rang Aikenco also they said they will give me a quote but its fire only and public liability and does not cover the workers . Not really what I am looking for.. Maybe the other quote was not that expensive after all. Its abot €1200.00 for a 1600 Sq foot Dormer bungalow part renovation part extension. I have till next Wednesday before my insurance runs out. If any one knows any alternatives can you let me know. If not I will just have to go with what I have with Fnigal Insurance.

Advertisement