Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda recruitment/ Irish exam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Thisisit1991

Il check them out thanks man

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mark227

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow :) Lets hope we get through it

• Registered Users Posts: 9 BigJC

Good luck all. This time tomorrow it'll all be over! Thank god

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭fergie199

well i am sure most of us here went for the irish exam today.

I wasn't too impressed with my performance at the end of the day, felt in the oral i had a lot of info that i didnt get a chance to talk about, as for the written, i could hardly make heads nor tales of it. Lets just hope the Examiners aint too harsh on us so far into the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jones10

Hi All,

Did anyone ask or hear anything yesterday on when the results may be out?

• Advertisement

Well folks.

Thought exam was tough, especially the translating thing, that was awful. Hopefully did enough, I would say we will find out no later than Friday.

Was just onto Pas, results will be end of next week at the earliest they said :/

Funny I called pas too and they told me hopefully within two weeks

How it can take 2wks to correct 12 papers is beyond me but then again the delay we were subjected to in relation to the irish in the first place, nothing surprises me. As long as we are given are chance to get in with the next batch then I'll be happy

BigJC wrote: »
    How it can take 2wks to correct 12 papers is beyond me but then again the delay we were subjected to in relation to the irish in the first place, nothing surprises me. As long as we are given are chance to get in with the next batch then I'll be happy
    I'm not to confident at all to be honest, exam was a disaster :/

• Advertisement

Same here jc i did terrible. There's still one or two sitting the exam tomorrow so I reckon that's adding to the delay

fergie199 wrote: »
    Same here jc i did terrible. There's still one or two sitting the exam tomorrow so I reckon that's adding to the delay

Yeah id imagine that's it but never know hopefully we will scrape a pass, would be so bad to fall down on this

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jackowexico

Anyone else fail the irish? Any ideas?

Yea fail

Fail :/

Called pas, asked about an appeal process an was ignorantly told no, that is the end of it, asked about what I'm supposed to do now regardingy pct rest on Monday an the overnight accommodation that the Garda a providing for me an she just said, nothing that's the end for you.

Is there anything we can do? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6 codthumper

Fail..waste of a year poxy short notice

mark227 wrote: »
    Is there anything we can do? :(

Not a thing, that's all who failed the irish out! Even more annoyed that I was in dublin doin my medical and booked for Monday to do the fitness

Just outta curiosity has ne1 or know anyone that passed? Or was this just a delibrit attempt of pas getting rid of 20 candidates

• Advertisement

I agree disgraceful:/ they are an absolute joke, test was not at all to leaving cert standard

mark227 wrote: »
    I agree disgraceful:/ they are an absolute joke, test was not at all to leaving cert standard

No where near the standard it's madness after getting that far..A strongly worded email is in order Monday morning and maybe get the papers involved it's criminal testing us on a language were clearly not good at and it's not even used in day to day life

I know sure we were almost there like :( but sure we didn't even get any notice lad. I agree, papers would love this. Just sent you PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

codthumper wrote: »
    No where near the standard it's madness after getting that far..A strongly worded email is in order Monday morning and maybe get the papers involved it's criminal testing us on a language were clearly not good at and it's not even used in day to day life

lads, i said this months ago

best thing to do is re-do your leaving cert irish. it's only a 25 week course tuesday and thursday nights. cost is about 200 euro.

This idea that you need a language is beyong a joke.. living in the past. the idea that a person who has a degree or masters but no language would be rejected is a madness.

carzony wrote: »
    lads, i said this months ago

best thing to do is re-do your leaving cert irish. it's only a 25 week course tuesday and thursday nights. cost is about 200 euro.

This idea that you need a language is beyong a joke.. living in the past. the idea that a person who has a degree or masters but no language would be rejected is a madness.

Yeah that'd all well and good doing the course but when is the next recruitment they have thousands of applications to choose from for the next few years

codthumper wrote: »
    Yeah that'd all well and good doing the course but when is the next recruitment they have thousands of applications to choose from for the next few years

I honestly thought that for us few this far into the game that this irish test would be just a lip service test and be an easy enough pass, big mistake there and I agree that this test was in no way a D3 ordinary lvl irish leaving cerf equivalent, gutted to say the least an as im turning 30 this month that's my hope of getting in now squashed! All over a stupid irish exam.

fergie199 wrote: »
    I honestly thought that for us few this far into the game that this irish test would be just a lip service test and be an easy enough pass, big mistake there and I agree that this test was in no way a D3 ordinary lvl irish leaving cerf equivalent, gutted to say the least an as im turning 30 this month that's my hope of getting im now squashed! All over a stupid irish exam.

Yeah it's a pain in the arse after planning the future around these last few month's..They said they wouldn't be too serious with the marking process but obviously that was a lie they tell you anything to get off the phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

Just out of interest what did the exam involve that made it more difficult that the leaving cert Irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jackowexico

Anyone that failed and was booked in to do the fitness on Monday. Are you still going to go and try appeal the exam?

• Advertisement

No, I called pas and Garda hq an was told there is not nor will there be an appeal

Advertisement