Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda recruitment/ Irish exam

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 robbiewhelo

Dublin112 wrote: »
    ️️Ye im the exact same passed medical and fitness and am fed up at this stage with how it's being handled I just wanna get the exam finished with at this stage I don't care if I pass or fail now would rather have done the exam before taking days off work for interviews and Medicaid etc .. Best of luck tommorow btw

Yea I know like why leave this till the end after going through everything wasting our time and there's. Could of done this before interviews and going to medical. Wasting their money only to say aw you failed the exam it's over now, see ya. Best if luck to you to. Hopefully it won't be to bad .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Yea I know like why leave this till the end after going through everything wasting our time and there's. Could of done this before interviews and going to medical. Wasting their money only to say aw you failed the exam it's over now, see ya. Best if luck to you to. Hopefully it won't be to bad .

I know its a waste of time, but look at the silver lining, I know myself I will more than likely fail the test(provide I get past stage 3 !), but I took up French so hopefully I will gain some experience from the stages so next time around you can/know its achievable for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Dublin112

Got results back today and failed by 6 marks on the oral and passed the written exam but failed whole exam. Load of bollox what a waste of a year and money
    Would love to write a strong worded email seems having two languages is more important than being fit and healthy and being able to run ridiculous

Dublin112 wrote: »
    Got results back today and failed by 6 marks on the oral and passed the written exam but failed whole exam. Load of bollox what a waste of a year and money
    Would love to write a strong worded email seems having two languages is more important than being fit and healthy and being able to run ridiculous

Aw **** man sorry to see this.. I passed both. Which I was very surprised I did.. don't give up on it man. Join a night course get another language that way. As another way around things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭NickMondo

I'm in and odd position. I applied for the guarda in 2013 and then got an email a few weeks back saying i was accepted in Stage 2. I almost wondered if it was even legit. So I did stage 2 and passed but not in the top 500. Now going to do Stage 3 next week and didn't think at all about the Language Issue. I can speak German but don't have a piece of paper that says so and Irish was the only exam I failed in the LC back in '05.

So......what do I do? I've been upping my game and paid the kilroy course fee and studying a lot. But now after this.........will I get a change to sit a test? and how much notice could I get if I did well in Stage 3? i'm sure I could pass a German test if it was offered. My grasp of the language isn't brilliant but definitely passable.

• Advertisement

Nickmondo I'd just keep going until they say anything to you about the languages.. I'm sure someone will spot something somewere down the line of the recruitment process.. they could end up doing an exam in German for other who put it as their second choice language..

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mason123

Aw **** man sorry to see this.. I passed both. Which I was very surprised I did.. don't give up on it man. Join a night course get another language that way. As another way around things.

Well... can I ask what the writen Irish test consisted of??

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bingbongboo

I have Stage 4 interview early December. I know that I will have to do Irish exam if I get through. Any where I can get material like previous exam papers etc. or even what the Irish exam consists of??

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Glantinegaels

Like bingbongboo looking like I will have to do the Irish exam aswel be great if anyone could give us some insight into it. Please post or pm me if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Eddyrio5

Anyone that has sat the Irish exam in the past be able to PM me with further information please. Would be greatly appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭ALTHEPAL

Hi all , can anyone that has already sat the Irish exam PM me with info as I'm trying to figure out what to expect. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Np1234

Hi All, if anyone has any information on the Irish exam could they PM me - have exam in three weeks and really worried about it. Would appreciate any info. Thanks a mil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Keith456

Np1234 wrote: »
    Hi All, if anyone has any information on the Irish exam could they PM me - have exam in three weeks and really worried about it. Would appreciate any info. Thanks a mil.

It's a 15 min oral and an hour written which includes an essay comprehension and a translation piece. After that I've no idea. How tough it's going to be I've no idea. No information anywhere on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

Hello all,

Anybody have any information regarding the Irish Assessment as I'll have to sit it. A bit worried about it as there seems to be no syllabus or any topic areas you can focus in on specifically. No practice answers etc.

I have been following the Irish assessment related threads but a lot of people are failing it because it's to broad. What are you suppose to study if you don't know what you are suppose to be studying.

Please help.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

PM me if you like.

Appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 cc thomas

Just wondering if anyone still on this thread has any info on the Irish assessment specifically what I can expect from it sitting it in three weeks and from reading previous posts even flat out studying isn't going to be enough so any help be much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 5 darragh12345

I have the Irish exam in a few weeks and I am looking for advice on what type of essays came up and what questions came up in the oral? would anyone have advice?

Regards,

Darragh

Advertisement