Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shotokan or Wado ryu karate in wexford

Options
  • 08-10-2014 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Does anybody know of a shotokan (or failing that a wado ryu) karate club in or around Wexford?

Failing that is anyone with experience in these styles interested in setting up a training group. I am a 1st kyu but I haven't trained in many years. There was a thread similar to this years ago but it appears to have died a death.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lovelyworld

I don't know if you're still interested or still around but I am in the process of moving over to Wexford and have been trying to find a shotokan karate club there...so far no luck but did find your post; I'm actually moving over next week 18th jan. I am 2nd dan in Shotokan and am affiliated with the JKA. Be great to get together to train and perhaps start a basic training group perhaps with the help and advice of Noel Casey in Cork....How about it?

Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lovelyworld

I don't know if you're still interested or still around but I am in the process of moving over to Wexford and have been trying to find a shotokan karate club there...so far no luck but did find your post; I'm actually moving over next week 18th jan. I am 2nd dan in Shotokan and am affiliated with the JKA. Be great to get together to train and perhaps start a basic training group perhaps with the help and advice of Noel Casey in Cork....How about it?

osu
    Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Vinny Kilroy

Hi elaine seen your post did you ever set up a club in Wexford? I live in Gorey I used to teach in wexford some years ago but have not since I moved up here, I do my own personal training and attend Kato sensei's courses sometimes when he is over, I am not as involved as I used to be years ago but still train. I was thinking of setting up a club again or even just train with other Shotokan karateka let me know if you have a club up and running and details

osu

Vincent Kilroy

• Registered Users Posts: 2 elly.mae

Hi Vincent,

Great to hear from another shotokan karateka finally. Since moving over I haven't found a suitable club but I have been rather busy with doing the house up and getting this years projects completed so not much training done since leaving Belgium in January. But I really need to catch up on a lot of missed training. Perhaps you could phone me and we could arrange to train somewhere and take things from there. Wexford is definitely in need of a shotokan club and like you I need to get back into it asap. My phone number 0892545689.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Osu
    Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Okami_shinobi

Hi Elaine and Vincent,

sorry for bringing up an old thread, but have either of you thought any more about starting a club again?

hope to hear from you.

Andrew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Paul_Gleeson

Hey guys, Im 1st Dan Shotokan and I want to start a class, im in Gorey. Anyone up for a laugh?

Advertisement