Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Dublin?

Options
  • 08-10-2014 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi lads, I am sure you are sick of threads on Dublin at this stage but any help would be greatly appreciated. Ill be taking up a job on Mespil Road in Dublin 4 in January so I have started looking for a place now to take some of the pressure off. I have been looking at places around the office so I can walk or cycle to work but that isn't looking likely at the moment unfortunately! Would anyone have any other areas of Dublin where public transport would be easily available to get me to Mespil road? Any help on this would be really appreciated as I am losing all hope at the moment! I have no problem sharing with other working people or post grads and my budget for living near the office was going to be about 600-700. Thanks again!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

For 600-700 you shouldn't have a problem finding a place to houseshare.

Mespil Road is on the LUAS line and isn't much of a walk from the DART so between those two, let alone any buses, you've public transport to a huge area in the south city/county.

Rathmines, Milltown, Donnybrook, Sandymount, Ballsbridge, Irishtown, Ringsend, Grand Canal Dock are all places that you could walk or cycle from without much hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

I live in D8 and work on Burlington Road, beside the Mespil Hotel. 14 min cycle from door to door. Also there are Dublin bike stations along the canal if that's any use to you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

That's a good point. My family home is out in Dun Laoghaire and I could cycle into the Mespil road quite comfortably in 30-40 mins. It's all flat too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

There's flats and apartments in the city centre, within walking distance of the luas stops. See rent.ie for rent levels in different areas. I see no point in living in Dun Laoighre, cycling 40 minutes in the winter, cold, rain and snow, 5 days a week, is not always fun. And its not as if Dun Laoighre rent is low. See what buses go to dublin 4 and where their route starts.

Sorry my point was that Dun Laoghaire seems far away but isn't really. Trying to make the point that Dublin isn't really that big at all.

I'm not recommending living here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement