Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keane autobiography.

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I think his interest in this thread, doesn't le with the book, moreso the book's target audience.

Well all my posts are about the book so I'm not sure What you're getting at, your posts seem to be the ones with the personal agenda, but I'm not going to be dragged into a tit for tat situation. If you would like to discuss the book then I will oblige, but if you're having a pop at me then I won't reply.

But jeez, I wouldn't like to invite some of you around to my book club judging by how aggressively defensive and emotionally invested some of you get to a book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

Oranage2 wrote: »
    But jeez, I wouldn't like to invite some of you around to my book club .

Will there be drink ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Well all my posts are about the book so I'm not sure What you're getting at, your posts seem to be the ones with the personal agenda, but I'm not going to be dragged into a tit for tat situation. If you would like to discuss the book then I will oblige, but if you're having a pop at me then I won't reply.

But jeez, I wouldn't like to invite some of you around to my book club judging by how aggressively defensive and emotionally invested some of you get to a book.

I don't recall anyone challenging your opinion of the book, more so that its completely unfounded as you've read 6-7 pages?

Even the shíttiest of book clubs would at least suggest you READ the book, before spouting a worthless opinion around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

In your book club do we actually read the books? Or do we just scan through and then make pronouncements about that which we do not know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Can I comment on Oranage2's posts even though I've only read half the thread and looked at some of the nice pictures in the signatures?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Hilarious and insightful ?!?!:confused:

Strongly disagree

You disagree that it is insightful? (which I didnt claim that part to be, but it is, gives you an insight into the relationship and the poor communication between himself and CEO)

Look up insight in a dictionary perhaps?

You don't find the event funny? Thats ok, humour is subjective of course, but I can see the humour in a manager telling the negotiator he likes this player and would take him if he could be got for around 400k and the lad goes off and spunks more then four times that amount on him!

Hilarious for all the wrong reasons......as I said. That nobody thought to ask him, hey do you still want him if they want 1.75 million for him? You know, you telling us to try get him for 400k and all

Try harder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

kryogen wrote: »
    He wouldn't get past the words beginning with the letter A.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

kryogen wrote: »
    You disagree that it is insightful? (which I didnt claim that part to be, but it is, gives you an insight into the relationship and the poor communication between himself and CEO)

You don't find the event funny? Thats ok, humour is subjective of course, but I can see the humour in a manager telling the negotiator he likes this player and would take him if he could be got for around 400k and the lad goes off and spunks more then four times that amount on him!

Hilarious for all the wrong reasons......as I said. That nobody thought to ask him, hey do you still want him if they want 1.75 million for him? You know, you telling us to try get him for 400k and all

Try harder.

Well your original post said Very insightful, I disagreed that it was very insightful, but you are right, it did offer somewhat of an insight as vague as it was. Though to me it seems he was distancing himself as far away for the failed transfer as much as possible, whether it was his fault or not. Just like how selling Rhodes wasn't his fault etc.

I also didn't find it hilarious, but humour is subjective, and I'm not a fan of Ipswich or Keane as a manager so I didn't really relate.

He wouldn't get past the words beginning with the letter A.

Hilarious and insightful?

Many people will have differing views on Keane, the book etc. But the "I disagree, so you are stupid" stuff? Come on...

• Advertisement

As books go its great, really readable. Incomparable to rubbish autobiographies like Owens and Torres (I'm a Liverpool fan). Roy is Roy, if the mad / bad stuff we all did or said was widely publicised and people gave a sh1t we would all be considered horrible bastads.

Only about half way through it.... Was always impressed / surprised with his dealings with Quinn and McC', wouldn't be able to do that myself...

Hilarious and insightful?

Many people will have differing views on Keane, the book etc. But the "I disagree, so you are stupid" stuff? Come on...

Who said that? He said he only read the first few pages of the book, hence the "wouldn't get past the letter A" part, the first few pages of the dictionary...
    It's a joke, not a very good one but not a sleight on anybody's intelligence like you seem to be suggesting.

Who said that? He said he only read the first few pages of the book, hence the "wouldn't get past the letter A" part, the first few pages of the dictionary...
    It's a joke, not a very good one but not a sleight on anybody's intelligence like you seem to be suggesting.

It reads badly in that case, as the obvious inference in saying "he wouldn't get past A in the dictionary" is to insult. But I take your point in the context of this discussion.

It reads badly in that case, as the obvious inference in saying "he wouldn't get past A in the dictionary" is to insult. But I take your point in the context of this discussion.

I'd say you read it badly more than it reads badly. The last few pages of this thread have been about Oranage giving his opinion but only reading the first 6 pages of the book.

I'd say you read it badly more than it reads badly.

That simply does not make sense.

To read something and take its most obvious inference is not "to read it badly"...whatever "bad reading" actually means.

But Oranage does seem to have stirred up a hornets nest alright. It's a little amusing.

That simply does not make sense.

To read something and take its most obvious inference is not "to read it badly"...whatever "bad reading" actually means.

But Oranage does seem to have stirred up a hornets nest alright. It's a little amusing.

That's what he likes to do :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement