Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2015 Football Championship Draw

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Always_Running

Don't think Mayo will have it all their own way, away to Galway in the semis. Both teams with new management.

Roscommon should beat Sligo though. Especially at home.

Sligo would be at home to Roscommon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Sligo would be at home to Roscommon.

Sligo might have a chance so but would have to improve on this year's form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,465 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

The A and B sides were on the screen in the studio. But nothing to the contrary has been mentioned.

Marty Morrissey seemed to infer that RTÉ just did it for clarity.

So to answer your question, I don't know.

---

From the screen graphics:

Connacht:

A-
    London/Roscommon v Sligo

B-
    NY/Galyway/Leitrim v Mayo

Leinster:

A-
    Offaly/ Longford v Dublin
    Laois/Carlow v Kildare

B-
    Louth/Westmeath v Wexford
    Wicklow v Meath

Ulster:

A-
    Cavan v Monaghan
    Fermanagh v Antrim

B-
    Tyrone/Donegal v Armagh
    Derry v Down

Munster:
    Wasn't labeled A and B but based on A being top of the screen and B being bottom of the screen like the rest, we have:

A-
    Clare/Limerick v Cork

B-
    Waterford/Tipperary v Kerry

Does anyone know how the Provincial finals will be divided between A and B

Last year we had Connaught/Munster losers being A and Leinster/Ulster losers being B

So this year Connaught\Leinster losers will be one and Ulster\Munster losers the other.
    But which will they be ?

Once again the qualifiers on the B side are going to be tough

At the Rnd 1 stage you will have some of the following teams in the hat
    Donegal, Tyrone, Down, Derry, Armagh.
    Then add to that Mayo or Galway and likely Tipp in Rnd 2
    That's a lot of good teams having to play tough games on the trot.
    I'm ignoring Leinster cos to be honest none of them are much good on the B side, and Meath will likely make the final.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

So going by what's been posted, the A & B sides will be:
    A: London, Roscommon, Sligo, Offaly, Longford, Laois, Carlow, Dublin, Kildare, Waterford, Tipperary, Cork, Cavan, Monaghan, Fermanagh, Antrim.

B: Galway, Leitrim, Mayo, Louth, Westmeath, Wexford, Wicklow, Meath, Clare, Limerick, Kerry, Donegal, Tyrone, Armagh, Derry, Down

Once again, one side (the B side) looks far more daunting than the other side.

Hard to get excited about the Leinster draw. Dublin have it won even with 8 months before a ball is kicked and unless Laois surprise Kildare, it'll be the same 4 teams in the semi finals for the fourth year running. This year was the worst year I've seen for Meath crowds and it'll only get worse next year. I'm actually disappointed we didn't get Dublin on our side of the draw as maybe we could have gotten a bit of momentum in the qualifiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Hibbeler

So going by what's been posted, the A & B sides will be:
    A: London, Roscommon, Sligo, Offaly, Longford, Laois, Carlow, Dublin, Kildare, Waterford, Tipperary, Cork, Cavan, Monaghan, Fermanagh, Antrim.

B: Galway, Leitrim, Mayo, Louth, Westmeath, Wexford, Wicklow, Meath, Clare, Limerick, Kerry, Donegal, Tyrone, Armagh, Derry, Down

Once again, one side (the B side) looks far more daunting than the other side.

Hard to get excited about the Leinster draw. Dublin have it won even with 8 months before a ball is kicked and unless Laois surprise Kildare, it'll be the same 4 teams in the semi finals for the fourth year running. This year was the worst year I've seen for Meath crowds and it'll only get worse next year. I'm actually disappointed we didn't get Dublin on our side of the draw as maybe we could have gotten a bit of momentum in the qualifiers.

And if that's the qualifier groupings then they look to be very one sided again this year. Group B is a lot stronger by the looks of it.

Yeah one would have to think that it will be Meath v Dublin in the Leinster final 4th year in a row. I can see Louth or Westmeath beating Wexford to make the semi- final but that would be the only surprise I can see happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Hibbeler wrote: »
    And if that's the qualifier groupings then they look to be very one sided again this year. Group B is a lot stronger by the looks of it.

Yeah one would have to think that it will be Meath v Dublin in the Leinster final 4th year in a row. I can see Louth or Westmeath beating Wexford to make the semi- final but that would be the only surprise I can see happening.

So if they're paired like that and Dublin win the All-Ireland, will it be a soft one?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Hibbeler

So if they're paired like that and Dublin win the All-Ireland, will it be a soft one?

Huh? I never said anything about Dublin winning soft all irelands. Leinster this year will likely be same old same old and Dublin probably won't be involved in the qualifiers anyway.

And I don't believe in "soft" All-Irelands you can only beat who's in front of you and whoever is left standing at the end is likely the strongest team anyway so I don't get what you are trying to say there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Hibbeler wrote: »
    Huh? I never said anything about Dublin winning soft all irelands. Leinster this year will likely be same old same old and Dublin probably won't be involved in the qualifiers anyway.

And I don't believe in "soft" All-Irelands you can only beat who's in front of you and whoever is left standing at the end is likely the strongest team anyway so I don't get what you are trying to say there

It's like a meme here amongst the Kerry folk about soft All-Irelands. It wasn't directed at you at all.

Merely a facetious throwaway comment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,465 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Does anyone know how the Provincial finals will be divided between A and B

Last year we had Connaught/Munster losers being A and Leinster/Ulster losers being B

So this year Connaught\Leinster losers will be one and Ulster\Munster losers the other.
    But which will they be ?

Once again the qualifiers on the B side are going to be tough

At the Rnd 1 stage you will have some of the following teams in the hat
    Donegal, Tyrone, Down, Derry, Armagh.
    Then add to that Mayo or Galway and likely Tipp in Rnd 2
    That's a lot of good teams having to play tough games on the trot.
    I'm ignoring Leinster cos to be honest none of them are much good on the B side, and Meath will likely make the final.

Based on the master fixtures (on phone so no link) Leinster and Munster losers will be in A and Connaught and Ulster in B.

Leinster and Munster champs play A side winners on the bank holiday weekend, Connaught and Ulster v B tje following week.

Then its Leinster v Connaught and Munster v Ulster semi finals.

So the change from last year is that the provincial final teams cannot meet again in the SF

Advertisement