Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beijing - Online Grocery Shopping?

Options
  • 09-10-2014 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone,

Currently working in Beijing but have the facilities to cook. Unfortunately, I'm total lost as to what to buy in supermarkets. Its quite a cultural jump even though I'm quite travelled and literally eat everything. With that in mind, can anyone recommend somewhere to shop around the Wangfujing area? Been to a few shops but beyond snacks its a mystery really as to what certain things are.

On another note, given my work hours, any reliable delivery service?

Many Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

Are there any local vegetable shops near you?
    Are you having problems with what the vegetables are or how to buy them?

What are you looking to cook?

noodles/rice/potatoes pretty much look the same everywhere.

I don't live in Beijing, I live in Hangzhou but I imagine that the supermarkets/process of buying food can't be much different.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

ironclaw wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

Currently working in Beijing but have the facilities to cook. Unfortunately, I'm total lost as to what to buy in supermarkets. Its quite a cultural jump even though I'm quite travelled and literally eat everything. With that in mind, can anyone recommend somewhere to shop around the Wangfujing area? Been to a few shops but beyond snacks its a mystery really as to what certain things are.

On another note, given my work hours, any reliable delivery service?

Many Thanks!

There are a couple of food markets in Wangfujing area, don't ask me where exactly but I have been to them whenever I have been in Wangfujing.

There are is also a large shopping centre in the centre of the area with a large food area, similar to our Dunnes, Tesco, etc, just about 10 times larger.

If you want to eat out there is a large food market to eat in which has plently of options, have no idea of the name but it is located near Wangfujing book store.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Thanks for the replies everyone. Make progress but all told, its cheaper to eat out than eat in. As much as that greatly annoys me.

Advertisement