Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to live in Canada with my wife

Options
  • 09-10-2014 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi there,

I don't have a job at the moment, but i recently got married to a girl in canada i was with for a year in a chappel when we were drunk lol. So we're married.
    I love her and i want to move there and start a life with her.

Does our marital status have anything to do with it?
    Whats the best way for me to get over there asap?
    Or if i were to visit and look for a job, whats the longest i can stay?

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

she can apply to sponsor you, which takes a year or two. you can come to canada as a visitor for 90 days/6 months, i cant remember, but you can extend it through application to the cic each time. you can't work while here as a visitor.

if you decide to go the sponsorship route, you have to prove that it's a legit relationship - if you're living in different countries that'll be a lot trickier. She's also legally bound to support you once you're in the country for a period of time (welfare payments etc are her responsibility).

if you do come over as a visitor, there's no point looking for jobs because you won't have a SIN card, so you won't be able to work for anyone unless it's under the table work, and if that's the case then if you're dinged for it you can kiss goodbye to canada

Advertisement