Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am a Big Data Scientist. AMA.

Options
  • 09-10-2014 1:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭

https://np.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2innw8/i_am_a_big_data_scientist_i_also_recently_wrote_a/
    I'm originally trained as a physicist, but migrated toward computer science in grad school. After some internships with Google I got into real-world analytics and data science consulting. I've worked with clients in all sorts of industries, but especially companies in the web space. The consulting firm I work for was recently acquired by Teradata.
    I also have a more light-hearted blog at www.fieldcady.com. I talk about stuff related to math - everything from educational policy to neuroscience. I self-published a Kindle book on the subject called "What is Math?"

Comments

Advertisement