Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mental health and the moon

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Akrasia wrote: »
    Pfft
    You can prove anything with facts....

Fact. The only natural predator of anecdote and opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Old Man: "Thank you, MacGyver, for saving our village!"

MacGyver: "Oh don't thank me, thank the moon's gravitational pull!"

Ask yourself this? Why did the baddies always lock MacGyver in a shed with a bag of 10-10-20, a length of lead pipe and a clock radio? Mysterious forces at work, that's why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

My dad works in a special needs school and swears by it. All of them rowdier and more difficult etc coming up to and including the full mood. Weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Ask yourself this? Why did the baddies always lock MacGyver in a shed with a bag of 10-10-20, a length of lead pipe and a clock radio? Mysterious forces at work, that's why.
    And never searched him for that Swiss Army knife....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Think I get a little hairier every full moon... think I should start shaving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

My mum works with people who have special needs, and she firmly believes that the full moon had an effect. She's a sensible, logical (and patient :D) person.. But, I still don't believe it.

I think it's a mixture of confirmation bias / white van syndrome, and, the fact that some people, who are more suggestive than others, may have a link in their minds with full moons and different behaviour. I say that as a cynic of everything.. but my impression of my environment can certainly influence my thoughts / behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

**** those scientific studies. Barmen and bouncers would never spin a yarn.

Never told a lie in my life......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Frito

Did a quick search and this paper suggests a correlation between schizophrenia patients and their condition deteriorating around the full moon. Don't have access to the full paper though.

Would be interesting to see what variables they controlled for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement