Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overnight parking Maynooth?

Options
  • 09-10-2014 2:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

Where is the safest place to park in Maynooth close to the train station overnight, from 6.30pm onwards till after 9am? Is the train station carpark safe, do people park there regularly overnight?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

GIMP wrote: »
    Where is the safest place to park in Maynooth close to the train station overnight, from 6.30pm onwards till after 9am? Is the train station carpark safe, do people park there regularly overnight?

Wouldn't trust the train station car park overnight. Would probably look into the one at the Glenroyal hotel for the hours you've mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Glenroyal Hotel carpark has time limits and clampers; the one to the side of it I'm not so sure of but is a lot more secluded.

I've left my car parked on-street, and in the station, overnight before but its not something I'd want to do regularly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

The Glenroyal is for guests only and they clamp there now. The public one there is ok - it says no overnight parking but that's routinely ignored. The front part of the train station carpark is permitted for overnight parking afaik. You could always park on the main street - it's still free parking.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

regularly or as a once off?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

I often see broken glass in that carpark, if it was me I'd think on street would be safer. Maybe that stretch between Main St. and Tesco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

It's not exactly close but the Tesco would probably be the best option. I used to always park at the Glenroyal but as has already been mentioned, they've started clamping there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Tesco say they clamp. Don't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I have never seen a car clamped at Tesco. That doesn't mean they don't, but I'm there or passing fairly frequently...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭GIMP

Appreciate the suggestions, it will be on a regular basis 3/4 nights a week (work nights in Dublin). I need somewhere my car will not be vandalised, how many minutes walk is the Tesco carpark from the train?
    Is the main street paid parking and safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭shuffles88

Just a heads up, I'm in college in Maynooth and there were warnings sent to us about one stolen car (later found wrecked) and one broken into on campus since the term started. So just be mindful that there are scumbags in operation in the area

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

There is no paid public parking in Maynooth yet:)

Advertisement