Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

[Q] Bandit 1200 advice

• 09-10-2014 6:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭

in short,

i have bandit 1200s 01 for the college days.. and that i can park it in town and not to be worried.. i got it, serviced it, i changed the jets (to suit the pipe) and it was running better then before. I mean i could notice the change... much better throttle response...and more power..it was all perfect for about 2 weeks..

Now somehow after few days not driving (2 or 3) the bike developed a small issue. Its running on 3 cylinders only between 2k and 3k revs... it idling fine but as soon as i try to accelerate its popping and loosing power but i repeat only between 2k-3k... anything after 3k (revs) it picks up the power and it can fly again... even unwanted wheelie can happen if pushed hard... there are no flat spots until redline... there is no lack of power what so ever.. just the issue in low revs..in any gear... so i have to rev it high to keep the bike smooth :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I had the carbs open and all is superb (not now, but before this happen like 3 weeks a go) all seals are new (replaced by me) and all was cleaned to perfection.

can someone point me to the right direction?

hint(i checked all hoses, and air filter is new fitted by me)... btw i cleaned the fuel tank and carbs before...

thanks

Ed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭millingmachine

When it's ticking over have a look at your down pipes & if one isn't heating up as much as the rest, it could be a plug or plug line breaking down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Have you identified the cylinder that isn't firing? Check the plug and recheck the relevant carb.

You mentioned it's popping, do you mean the exhaust is popping when you rev it from idle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

zubair wrote: »
    Have you identified the cylinder that isn't firing? Check the plug and recheck the relevant carb.

You mentioned it's popping, do you mean the exhaust is popping when you rev it from idle?

yeh... its the very left cylinder... i was checking pipes with hand.. no when the bike is standing i can revit no problem...its actualy only when its moving...

When it's ticking over have a look at your down pipes & if one isn't heating up as much as the rest, it could be a plug or plug line breaking down

did that.. the leftcylinder is the culprit... i wonder can it be so somehow blocked jet?or maybe the airfuel mixture moved on its own? as that works untillabout 4k... i mean the fuel air micture screw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Sounds like an ignition problem tbh. Plug, plug cap, HT lead, coil.

Try moving a plug from a working cylinder and see if the problem moves. You can use this approach for the coil and leads too.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Sounds like the plug or HT lead on that cylinder.

And whats this about unwanted wheelies?... No such thing lad!.

update... it was stuck main niddle... so i went i opened the carbs..it was perma open.. what a relief... she is strong again...

thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭millingmachine

Glad you got sorted.

Advertisement