Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many feeds/oz's?

Options
  • 09-10-2014 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hi all,

My Lo is 13 weeks old and is now sleeping from approx 9pm until 7/8am, which is great. But she is now only taking four six ounce bottles during the day, 8am, 12pm, 4pm, and 8pm, which is only 24 ounces a day!

She a big lump of a baby.. at her last check up she was 12lb, 12... that was at 8 weeks!

She finishes her bottles, and is in good form, but I wondering should I think about increased the ounces, or reducing the time between feeds to try and get in that 5th bottle?

Obviously a ftm! :-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭indigo twist

Hi all,

My Lo is 13 weeks old and is now sleeping from approx 9pm until 7/8am, which is great. But she is now only taking four six ounce bottles during the day, 8am, 12pm, 4pm, and 8pm, which is only 24 ounces a day!

She a big lump of a baby.. at her last check up she was 12lb, 12... that was at 8 weeks!

She finishes her bottles, and is in good form, but I wondering should I think about increased the ounces, or reducing the time between feeds to try and get in that 5th bottle?

Obviously a ftm! :-)

If I were you, I would do my best to keep it at just four bottles a day. You will find as she gets bigger that she will start taking 7oz/8oz bottles, but I would definitely try to stick to those four feeds if possible, with bigger bottles (rather than keeping bottle sizes the same, and introducing an extra feed.)

Seems pretty much identical to my son at that age. :) He was taking four 6oz bottles at around that time, working up to four 9oz bottles until we started solids. At nine months, he's now taking three 5oz-8oz bottles, and we'll probably be looking to cut to two 9oz bottles quite soon, as he's doing very well with solids and also takes water during the day.

We did end up doing a fifth feed (a "dreamfeed") at night for a few weeks, when he was looking for more, but not quite ready to start on solids. Maybe around the five-month mark.

Advertisement