Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laya trying to pass charges to me from company policy, do i have any recourse?

Options
  • 09-10-2014 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

I have a situation with Laya and would appreciate any insight people might have. Summary is below:

-Joined a company in 2011 who set up a healthcare policy for me with Laya.
    -In May 2014 my company said they were cancelling healthcare from June onwards.
    -In August 2014 I left said company and set up my own policy, paid for by my debit card.
    -Although my old company said they cancelled the policy, laya still charged for it up until renewal in august 2014 (3 months). My old company are now asking for a refund.
    -Laya are obliging the company in their refund request but passing the charges on to my new policy so now i have to pay for my companies refund of 3 months.

My questions:
    -can laya pass these charges on to me, considering the issue was beteween my old company and laya?
    -If i had taken my custom to another provider, could they do anything? i.e. am i being penalised for continuing to give them my custom?
    -laya have said their hands are tied and they cannot stop this, what is my next course of action?

appreciate any help you can provide

Advertisement