Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wifi connection with android anyone??

Options
  • 09-10-2014 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

hi,
    i've been having trouble trying to connect my phone to wifi hotspot in work.
    its a qsat hotspot being used for one purpose here, so my paltry little phone will be able to download an mails etc i need to during the day.
    its just my htc one android wont connect!
    it finds it and recognises a strong signal, and i enter the correct password, but it keeps trying the asks me to check my connection settings, and won;t connect.
    the qsat is secured with WPA/WPA2(WPSavailable).

any ideas??
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 greilly123

It could have a static IP ?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭DriversEd

which means what exactly?

i know 2 iphones connected to it here originally, but mine never has

• Registered Users Posts: 25 greilly123

The QSAT could have a static IP address.

you say there is WPS click the button on the back of the modem that says WPS then click the WI-FI direct or WPS on your phone

OR if putting pass it could be in caps or not?

otherwise

When you go onto WI-FI networks on your phone keep your finger on the network you wish to connect to and then tick the box
    (show advance options ) there you should be able to put in the static IP address

you will get the address by going into a browser and typing in 192.168.1.1
    if the user name and password if is not changed it should be user:admin pass:admin
    you should be able to see the static IP address.

That is all I know

A quick search on the QSAT website could help you out or YouTube or Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭DriversEd

thats seems to have done the trick,

thanks for that greilly

Advertisement