Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moved house

Options
  • 09-10-2014 12:10pm

Hi,

So I recently moved into my mothers house taking my efibre contract with me. My mother cancelled her current eircom account so I could see out the remainder of my efibre contract in her house. 

Now here's the thing. Efibre is not available in my mothers area despite what your coverage map says so I cant have efibre here just yet. I'm ok with downgrading for now but it seems that eircom are not. They want me to either pay an early contract release fee of around €300 or continue to pay for a service in a house I don't live in anymore to see out the remainder of my contract or start a new 12 month contract for a house I'll be living in temporarily.

My question is why do I have to start a new 12 month contract when all I want to do is transfer a contract from one house to the other even though I am willing to take a downgrade in service? Its ridiculous to be honest. I was speaking to one of your customer service agents earlier who was very helpful but could only do what management instructed her to do.  

I look forward to your response,

Shane

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi,

So I recently moved into my mothers house taking my efibre contract with me. My mother cancelled her current eircom account so I could see out the remainder of my efibre contract in her house. 

Now here's the thing. Efibre is not available in my mothers area despite what your coverage map says so I cant have efibre here just yet. I'm ok with downgrading for now but it seems that eircom are not. They want me to either pay an early contract release fee of around €300 or continue to pay for a service in a house I don't live in anymore to see out the remainder of my contract or start a new 12 month contract for a house I'll be living in temporarily.

My question is why do I have to start a new 12 month contract when all I want to do is transfer a contract from one house to the other even though I am willing to take a downgrade in service? Its ridiculous to be honest. I was speaking to one of your customer service agents earlier who was very helpful but could only do what management instructed her to do.  

I look forward to your response,

Shane
    HI Snotaul Goodman

I'm surprised to hear this, if you could PM me your existing efibre account number & new address I'll look in to this further for you,#

Thanks
    Al

Pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Pm sent
    Thanks Snotaul Goodman

I've requested information form eircoms moving house team - as soon as I have news on this I'll be in touch right away.

Al

Pm sent
    Thanks Snotaul Goodman

I've requested information form eircoms moving house team - as soon as I have news on this I'll be in touch right away.

Al
    Any update here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Happened me recently as well, after over a week trying to get efibre moved, at least 4 hrs holding on the phone, talked to about 10 different people including posting here, I eventually got talking to a girl on the home move team who knew what she was doing. Told that if I move house I am automatically entering a new 12 mth contract. After all the hassle I had moving there was no way I was signing up again as I knew I would be moving again within 6 mths sowould be in the same situation again! €150 to cancell was worth it as it meant never having to deal with this joke of a company again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Pm sent
    Thanks Snotaul Goodman

Al
    Any update here?
    Hi Snotaul Goodman

I am just looking at this. When moving house a new contract is required to be entered into. This is 18 months in duration if efibre is being signed up to or 12 months in duration if non-efibre Broadband is being signed up to. Once you have service set up at the new address there is no charge for cancelling the account at the previous address early- in your case before the end of the 18month contract.

thanks
    Colm

Advertisement