Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Industrial automation

Options
  • 09-10-2014 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭

I am looking to hear from anyone that has experience with Industrial automation. I am an electrician based in Australia currently working on an iron ore mine. I am about to start an 18 month Advanced diploma in Industrial Automation through a college called EIT which is based in Australia but people from all over the world sign up for their courses as they are online courses with live lectures each week. At present I do not have any experience with automation but it is something I have always been interested in. I also have an ordinary degree in electronics from DIT. I am doing this course as a way to further my career but am unsure of what jobs opportunities will be open to me after completing the course. If anyone has done this course or a similar course I would like to hear from them or if anyone has any advice I would appreciate that too. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BrianDug

Not an answer to your question but I get them emails from the IET and have always thought about doing one of their courses.

Let us know how you find the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

BrianDug wrote: »
    Not an answer to your question but I get them emails from the IET and have always thought about doing one of their courses.

Let us know how you find the course.

I will. I have already done one of their courses this year( professional certificate in Instrumentation, automation and process control) and found them very good. The lecturer seemed to be very knowledgeable with alot of industry experience which in my opinion is better than just listening to someone who has just learned from a book. Dick Morley who invented the plc is actually a lecturer on the industrial automation course so that says something about how professional this college is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement